2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

17th April 2015, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

TNAU Tissue Culture

I am a reporter in Indian today Networks. I am writing an article on TNAU Tissue Culture. Is there any online portal named ‘Agritech Portal’ of the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University? where I will get FAQ’s about the article on TNAU Tissue Culture? In which department I have to submit the article at the University?
Similar Threads
Thread
IARI Culture Collection
IIT Gandhinagar Society and Culture
IIT Madras Tissue Engineering
Utkal University of Culture Courses
University Visva-Bharati Of Art & Culture
IITGN Society And Culture
Utkal University Of Culture Website
Utkal University Of Culture MSW Result
Utkal University Of Culture Results For MSW
Culture in India
Information On Indian Culture
Indian Culture and Customs for Kids
Indias Culture
Indian Culture Food
Indians Culture
Culture shock MBA essay
Culture and Civilisation Calicut University
IGNOU Art And Culture Notes
Utkal University of Culture
IIT Delhi Tissue Engineering
25th July 2018, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

Re: TNAU Tissue Culture

I want to know the Tissue Culture in Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) so will you please tell me?
25th July 2018, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Re: TNAU Tissue Culture

Plant Tissue Culture is the culture and maintenance of plant cells or organs in sterile, nutritionally and environmentally supportive conditions (in vitro).

Tissue Culture-

Plant cell and tissue culture include the cultural techniques for regeneration of functional plants from embryonic tissues, tissue fragments, calli, isolated cells, or protoplasts.

Plant tissue culture consists of pollen culture, callus tip culture, stem tip culture, meristem tip culture and protoplast fusion

Various Tissue Culture Types

Conditions required for plant cells to grow in vitro:

Freedom from competitions particularly from microorganisms for nutrition and other factors

Availability of nutrients and removal of waste products for better growth of the tissue

A controlled environment to maintain the cultures

Applications include-

Micro-propagation is widely used in forestry and in floriculture. Micro-propagation can also be used to conserve rare or endangered plant species.

A plant breeder may use tissue culture to screen cells rather than plants for advantageous characters such as salt tolerance.

Large-scale growth of plant cells in liquid culture inside bioreactors as a source of secondary metabolites.

To cross widely related species by protoplast fusion and regeneration of the novel hybrid called cybrids

To cross-pollinate distantly related species and then rescue of the resulting embryo through culture of embryos to overcome post-zygotic abortion

For production of doubled plants from haploid cultures to achieve homozygous lines more rapidly in breeding programmes, usually by treatment with colchicine which causes doubling of the chromosome number.

Certain techniques such as meristem tip culture may be employed that can be used to produce clean plant material from virus infected plants.

Medium:

It contains all the elements that contribute the required nutrients that aid to the growth of the tissues; it is in liquid state or semi-solid in nature.

The tissues are grown on the media.

It consists of 95% of water, major and minor nutrients, plant growth hormones, vitamins, sugar rich compounds and chelating agents.

Totipotency:

It is the ability of a tissue or an organ of a plant to produce the whole plant, under the optional laboratory conditions and this is called as Totipotency. This is the baseline over which plant tissue culture relies upon.

Contact-

Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
TNAU - RI Block, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, PN Pudur, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641003
0422 661 1200

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in