2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

19th July 2014, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Tips to prepare for SSC exam

To crack the Staff Selection Commission Combined Graduate Level (Main) Examination you should start your preparation with the standard books. Here are some tips which will help you in cracking the examination:

Keep yourself abreast with the syllabus as soon as it is announced
Solve as many question papers, mock tests and online tests as you can
Learn tricks, maths short-cuts, memory methods,
be confident of yourself

Following are some good books which will help you in cracking the exam:

Lucent's General Knowledge 4th Edition (Paperback) by Vinay Karna, Manwendra Mukul, Sanjeev Kumar, Renu Sinha, R. P. Suman
Rs. 144

The Accredited Guide to Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency: A Must have Resource for Aspirants of CAT, MAT, XAT, IIFT, CSAT, Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC etc (Paperback) by Ananta Ashisha
Rs. 169
28th February 2015, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

I want to crack the SSC CGL exam anyhow, please tell me some tips to prepare SSC exam?
28th February 2015, 12:15 PM
Super Moderator

Here, I am giving you some tips which can be useful for your SSC written exam. Have a look on following points.

Refer some good books which offer the quality content
Try to solve some previous year questions which will help you to understand the type of questions
Try to solve questions as fast as you can
Refer some good newspapers; it will be useful for your vocabulary and general awareness.
Whenever you got some new word, write it, understand the meaning of it.
Group studies also help you in your preparations.

Here, I am giving you some good books which you can prefer in SSC CGL exam.

Ultimate Guide to SSC CGL by Disha Publication
SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination For Tier I & II 1st Edition by Upkar Prakashan
Quantitative Aptitude - by R.S. Aggarwal(English)
Verbal and Non verbal Reasoning - by R.S. Aggarwal
Quicker Maths - by M. Tyra

Here, I am giving SSC CGL syllabus

a) General Intelligence:

Analogies, similarities and differences, spatial visualization, spatial orientation, problem solving, analysis, judgement, decision making, visual memory, discrimination, observation, relationship concepts, arithmetic reasoning, verbal and figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, statement conclusion, syllogistic reasoning etc.

b) General Awareness:
Questions in this component will be aimed at testing the candidates general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, economic scene, General polity and scientific research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline

Part B :

Arithmetic:
Number system, computation of whole numbers, decimals and fractions, relationships between numbers, fundamental arithmetical operations, percentage, ratio and proportion, averages, interest, profit and loss, discount, use of tables and graphs, mensuration, time and distance, ratio and time etc.

Please find previous years questions paper for SSC CGL in attachment

SSC CGl Tier I previous year paper

Attached Files
File Type: pdf SSC CGl Tier I previous year paper .pdf (3.99 MB, 124 views)

Tags
ssc cgl

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in