2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st June 2015, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

TIFR Syllabus for Physics

Hi Guys I am taking part in the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) Entrance Exam . I will prepare for all the subjects but I want to prepare for Physics according to syllabus . Would you please provide me syllabus of Physics for TIFR Entrance Exam ?
Similar Threads
Thread
TIFR Physics Olympiad
Integrated Phd in Physics in TIFR
TIFR Faculty Physics
TIFR Physics Department
High Energy Physics TIFR
TIFR Syllabus
TIFR High Energy Physics
TIFR Entrance Test Syllabus
TIFR Entrance Exam For MSC Physics
TIFR M.Sc physics
TIFR physics Mumbai
Physics syllabus for TIFR
Department of Theoretical Physics TIFR
Syllabus of TIFR
TIFR Chemistry Syllabus
TIFR Maths Entrance Syllabus
TIFR Physics Question Papers
TIFR GS Physics and Chemistry Previous Question Papers
TIFR Biology Syllabus
TIFR Physics syllabus
7th June 2018, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Re: TIFR Syllabus for Physics

Hii sir, I Wants to get the Syllabus of the MSc Physics Entrance Exam of the Tata Institute of Fundamental And Research ?
7th June 2018, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

Re: TIFR Syllabus for Physics

TIFR GS is supervised by the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research for Graduate School Admissions. The Tata Institute of Fundamental Research is Indias premier institution for advanced research in fundamental sciences. The Institute runs a graduate programme leading to the award of Ph.D., Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. as well as M.Sc. degree in certain subjects

Examination Pattern :

Duration of the exam: 2 hours
There will be 25 true/false and 15 multiple choice questions.

Type of Questions: Objective type MCQ
Standard of the Questions: The questions will be based on the topics studied in the Undergraduate and Masters levels at an Indian University.

Marking Scheme: For every correct answer in Multiple-choice questions, 3 marks will be given. Whereas for the Numerical and Symbolic section, 5 marks will be given for the correct answer.

Negative Marking: There is a negative marking of 1 mark in MCQ section only.

Syllabus

In general, the syllabus for the Admissions Tests in Physics (Written and Interview) is typically a course of studies in Physics as the main subject in the Undergraduate and Masters levels in an Indian University.

The questions in the written test (multiplechoice type) and the interviews are distributed over the following areas: Classical Mechanics; Mathematics relevant to Physics; Electricity and Magnetism; Quantum Mechanics; Heat, Thermodynamics and Statistical Physics; General Physics; Modern Physics; Electronics and Experimental Physics.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in