2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th June 2015, 08:56 AM
Unregistered

TIFR Hyderabad Admissionsibs Tifribs Tifrtifr Icts

I want to take admission in ICTS , Tata Institute of Fundamental Research for PhD course . Will you please provide the eligibility conditions ?
Similar Threads
Thread
M.Sc In TIFR
Tifr icts
Icts tifr iisc
TIFR Narsingi Hyderabad
TIFR Hyderabad Administrative Officer
TIFR centre for interdisciplinary sciences Hyderabad
Dcs tifr
Balloon Facility of TIFR at Hyderabad
Daa tifr
TIFR TCIS Hyderabad
Ibs tifr
Tifr Hyderabad Faculty
TIFR Hyderabad Campus
Jobs In TIFR Hyderabad
TIFR Hyderabad Admissions
Icts tifr
TIFR Hyderabad results
TIFR Phd
Tifr dd
TIFR Jobs Hyderabad
9th June 2015, 09:28 AM
Super Moderator

Re: TIFR Hyderabad Admissionsibs Tifribs Tifrtifr Icts

International Centre for Theoretical Sciences , a centre of the Tata Institute of Fundamental Research which was established in the year 2007. It is located in Bangalore, India .

JEST is a national level common exam for admission to Ph.D / Integrated Ph.D Programme in Physics or Theoretical Computer Science or Neuroscience .

Eligibility criteria :

For Ph.D.: Applicants must have pass M.Sc.(Physics)/B.Tech. (Engineering Physics)

For I-Ph.D.:

Applicants must have pass obtained degree in B.Sc./B.E./M.E./M.Tech./B.Chem. or equivalent degree in Science / Engineering / Medicine, M.Sc. (not in Physics)/B.Tech. (not in Engineering Physics).

Admission procedure:

Selected candidatesbased on qualifying tests mentioned will be called for a personal interview to be held at ICTS-TIFR, Bangalore.

As the last date to apply is over , please try next year .
Important Dates:

Last date for receiving applications was : 30 April, 2015

Contact Details :
International Centre for Theoretical Sciences
Survey No. 151, Shivakote, Hesaraghatta, Hubli, Karnataka 560089
080 2360 8200
28th May 2020, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

Can you provide me important dates for admission in Ph.D. and Integrated M.Sc.-Ph .D. degree programmes 2020 offered by TIFR (Tata Institute of Fundamental Research) Hyderabad?
28th May 2020, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Applications were invited for admissions to TIFR Deemed University, TCIS, TIFR-Hyderabad for Ph.D. and Integrated M.Sc.-Ph .D. degree programmes under the Subject Boards of Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The students will receive a degree through the subject boards of the graduate school of TIFR.

Important Dates

Nationwide Entrance Examination:
Sunday, December 8 2019

Last date for application:
November 9, 2019

GATE Scored based applications to Systems Science (including Communications and Applied Probability):
Opens: February 5, 2020
Closes: March 30, 2020

Results of the Nationwide Entrance Examination (shortlist for interviews) :
January 31, 2020

Eligibility

One in the final year of qualifying degree can also apply.

Mathematics:

For Ph.D.: M.A./M.Sc./M. Tech.

For I-Ph.D.: B.A./B.Sc./B.E./B. Tech. (One already having/completing an M.Sc. degree by July 2020 is not eligible for I-Ph.D.).

Physics:

For Ph.D.: M.Sc./M.S. in Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of programmes(s) of duration not less than 5 years in total.

For I-Ph.D.: M.E./M. Tech./B.Sc./B.S./B.E./ B. Tech./B. Chem. in Physics, Engineering Physics, or equivalent degree, on completion of programmes of duration not less than 3 years in total.

Any other degree in Science / Engineering / Medicine, or equivalent, on completion of programme(s) of duration not less than 3 years in total

In addition,
I-Ph.D. candidates with not less than four or more years of university education who clear the written test may be considered by TIFR-H for their Ph.D. program.

Chemistry:

For Ph.D.: M.Sc./B.E./B. Tech./M. Pharm. or equivalent degree.

For I-Ph.D.: B.Sc./B. Pharm./B.S. degree or equivalent degree.

Candidates with B.E./B. Tech degrees can optionally get an M.Sc. degree by fulfilling necessary requirements.

Biology:

One will be shortlisted for interview based on written test marks, CV, letters of recommendation and scientific write-up.

For Ph.D.: Masters in Basic Science (M.Sc. Physics/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ any branch of Biology) or any professional Master's Degree (M. Pharma./M. Tech.), or a > 4 year degree program (e.g. MBBS, BDS). One holding M.Sc. degree in non-Biology-allied discipline such as Chemistry / Physics / Mathematics / Computer Science, and who wish to obtain M.Sc. in Biology, will be offered the option of enrolling in the I-Ph.D. programme at the time of joining.

For I-Ph.D./M.Sc.: Bachelor in any Basic Science (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/any branch of Biology) OR any 4-year degree program that awards "Bachelor's degree" including B. Tech., B.E., B. V. Sc., B. Pharma. (4 year course)

For M.Sc. (Wildlife Biology & Conservation): Indian nationals who have Bachelor degree in any discipline (with a minimum of 50% in core subjects) and a strong interest in wildlife research and conservation.

Graduate nationals for Central, South and Southeast Asian countries, with similar qualifications are also eligible to apply.

Computer & Systems Sciences (including Communications and Applied Probability):

For Ph.D.: B. Tech./B.E./M. Tech./M.E./M.C.A./M.Sc. or equivalent degree in Computer Science / Electronics & Communications Engineering / Electrical Engineering or related branches. Exceptionally well qualified students with B. Tech./ B.E./M. Tech./M.E./M.Sc. degrees in other disciplines may also be considered.

Exceptionally well qualified students with 3 three year degree in related subjects may be considered for I-Ph.D.

One not holding Master degree and admitted to a Ph.D./Int. Ph.D. program can receive an M.Sc. degree in some subjects by fulfilling prescribed requirements

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in