2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

12th June 2018, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Re: Take registered dietitian exam

I want to take the Registered Dietitian Exam so can you please provide me the details of the exam?
12th June 2018, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Take registered dietitian exam

Registered Dietitian Exam RD Exam is conducted by Indian Dietetic Association to award registration to applicants who successfully qualify for it.

Passing of RD Exam is mandatory for those candidates who want to become Registered Dietician in India.

RD Exam Eligibility

Graduation in Nutrition & Dietitian or Post Graduate Diploma in Nutrition & Dietitian or Masters Degree in Nutrition & Dietitian.

Internship and Experience

Candidates should have completed six months internship (after completion of qualifying exam) in a multi-specialty hospital recognized by IDA for an internship (as per the hospital list on the website) & supervised by a Registered Dietician (RD) or a senior dietitian with at least 10 years experience.

The internship can be done continuously or in two installments of two to four months each with a break of not more than six weeks. The internship should be completed before 31st August of the year of applying for the RD Exam.

Or

Candidate should have two years experience as a full-time Dietician in a multi-specialty hospital of minimum 150 beds.

Registered Dietitian Exam Syllabus

Registered Dietitian Exam Syllabus of Paper I

Human Physiology
Biochemistry
Physiologic and Metabolic Changes in Disease
Food Microbiology, Sanitation and Hygiene

Registered Dietitian Exam Syllabus of Paper II

Human Nutrition and Meal Management
Community Nutrition
Diet Therapy (Theory)
Nutrition Education and Dietetic Counseling
Food Services Management