2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th May 2020, 08:48 AM
Unregistered

Re: Special Registered Dietitian Exam

Can you tell me about the eligibility criteria for applying for Registered Dietitian Examination as I want to check if I am eligible for it or not, please help me with this?
14th May 2020, 08:49 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Special Registered Dietitian Exam

RDs (Registered Dietitians) are food and nutrition experts who have met the Commission on Dietetic Registration’s (CDR) criteria to earn the RD credential. RDs work in a wide variety of employment settings, including health care, business and industry, community/public health, education, research, government agencies and private practice.

Eligibility requirements for Registered Dietitian examination

Only students who have attended full-time graduation and post-graduation course will be eligible. Students enrolled in online graduate programs and distance education is not eligible for the RD exam.

Chief dieticians of recognized hospitals will be responsible for checking proper documents before admitting the intern for an internship.

The date of the exam will be announced on the website in the 1st week of June of the academic year.

The RD application form will be available from 1st September to the end of November of the academic year.

Students will be able to download hall tickets from the website by 1st week of January.

Results will be declared 8 to 10 weeks post the exam, the student will be intimated on the website.

Certificates will be issued to the students who pass the exam.

Process:

The dietician eligible for the RD exam should fulfil the under mentioned criteria
[1.1 + 1.2 (a/b/c) + 1.3 (a/b) + 1.4]
OR
[1.1 + 1.2(a/b/c) + 1.3(a/b) + 1.5(a/b)]

1.1 Life Member of IDA (before the commencement of internship)

a. Graduate Degree in Food Nutrition & Dietetics
b. A graduate in BSc Home Science with Food and Nutrition as a specialization. One should have covered a minimum of 4 courses out of the following: Nutritional Biochemistry, Food Microbiology, Basic Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition, and Therapeutic Nutrition
c. Graduate Degree in a science stream with a minimum of 3 nutrition-related subjects like (i) Basic Nutrition (ii) Biochemistry (iii) Human Physiology (iv) Diet Therapy (v) Clinical Nutrition (vi) Diet in Diseases

a. Post Graduate Diploma in Food Nutrition & Dietetics
b. Post Graduate Degree (M.Sc.) in Foods & Nutrition/Clinical Nutrition/Dietetics

1.4 6 months of continuous internship from hospitals recognized for RD training that is listed on the IDA website and in accordance with the competence standard package

a. 5 years of experience in a multispecialty hospital as a full-time dietitian (clinical portfolio only) from hospitals recognized for RD by IDA.
b. For one from a hospital that is not listed for RD training on the IDA website. 5 years of experience in a multispecialty hospital as a full-time dietitian (clinical portfolio only) and a recommendation letter from the IDA Chapter Convenor to be submitted.

Tags
hall tickets download

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in