2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

9th August 2018, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

Re: IT Syllabus Calicut University

Can you provide me the syllabus of B. Sc (Bachelor of Science) Information Technology Program offered by Faculty of Science of University of Calicut?
9th August 2018, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IT Syllabus Calicut University

The syllabus of B. Sc (Bachelor of Science) Information Technology Program offered by Faculty of Science of University of Calicut is as follows:

IT1B01: PROGRAMMING IN C

Unit I (10 Hours)

Programming principles: Algorithms, Flow charts. Computer Language: Classification. Program Concept: Source program, Compiling, Program execution, Object program. Measures of program performance. C- Language Fundamentals: Tokens, Fundamental data types, Precedence of evaluation.

Unit II: (10 Hours)

Flow of Control: Branching: If statement, If else and Else If constructs, nested if statements, switch statements. Looping: for loops, while and do-while loops, nested loops, break and continue statements

Unit III 12 Hours)

Arrays: Definition, One-dimensional arrays, Two-dimensional arrays, Initializing one and two dimensional arrays. Strings: Declaring and initializing strings, Reading and writing strings. Functions: Definition, Types of functions, Function prototyping, Arguments and return values, Nesting of functions, Recursive functions, String functions. Scope and Extent of Variables: Local and global variables, auto, static and register variables.

Unit 1V: (12 Hours)

Structures and Union: Definitions, Arrays of structures, Structures with in structures, Structures and functions, sizeof() operator. Pointers: Definition, Pointers and structures, Pointers and functions, Pointers and arrays, Operations on pointers.

Unit V: (10 Hours)

Input and output: Character I/O, Formatted I/O, print and scan functions. File: Defining and opening a file, Closing a file, I/O operations on files, Error handling, Random access. The preprocessors: #define, #include, #if, #undef, etc. Command line arguments. Dynamic memory allocation

REFERENCES
1. E Balaguruswamy, Programming in ANSIC.
2. Kelley, A & Pohl, I;, A Book on C, Addison - Wesley
3. Venu Gopal K.R.&Prasad, S.R. Programming with C, Tata McGraw Hill
4. S.G.Kochen , Programming in C.
5. Kernigham and Ritchie, C Language Reference.

Syllabus B. Sc Information Technology Faculty of Science of University of Calicut

Syllabus B. Sc Information Technology Faculty of Science of University of Calicut
universityofcalicut.info/syl/syllla/BSC%20IT%20NEW.pdf

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in