2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd March 2016, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

Re: SSC junior engineer conventional paper

The Staff Selection Commission authorities recruit the candidates for post of Junior Engineer for Civil, Mechanical and electrical branches.

Junior Engineer (Civil & Elect) Examination

SCHEME OF EXAMINATION

The Examination will be conducted in two stages:

Written Test (500 marks)

Interview (100 marks)

Written Test:

Papers Subject Maximum Marks Duration

Paper-I General Intelligence & Reasoning 50 2 Hours
Objective type

General Awareness 50

Part –A General Engineering (Civil & Structural)

Part-B General Engineering (Electrical)

Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical) 100

Paper-II Conventional Type

Part –A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) 300 2 Hours

Part – B General Engineering (Electrical)

Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)

Important instructions

In Paper-I and Paper-II for General Engineering, the candidate will be required to attempt only one part i.e. Part-A or Part-B or Part-C.

In other words, the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil), Junior Engineer(Quantity Surveying & Contract) should attempt Part A (Civil & Structural) of Paper-I and Paper-II and the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Electrical) should attempt Part-B (Electrical) or Part ‗C‘(Mechanical) of Paper I and II and the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Mechanical) should attempt Part C ( Mechanical) of Paper-I and Paper-II failing which he/she would be awarded ZERO marks.

Candidates are allowed to bring their own Slide–Rule, Non Programmable Calculator, Logarithm Tables and Steam Table for Paper-II only.

They are not allowed to use such aids for Paper-I.

Paper-I will consist of Objective Type Multiple Choice questions only.

Answer- sheets of Paper-II (Conventional Type) will be evaluated in respect of only those candidates who qualify in Paper-I at the standard as decided/fixed by the Commission at its discretion.

Candidates are not permitted to use Mobile Phone or any other electronic / electrical device other than those specifically permitted in Note-2.

Candidates must not, therefore, bring Mobile Phone or any other electronic /electrical device not specifically permitted inside the Examination premises.

There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I.

Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in