2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th December 2014, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Re: SLATE Test Eligibility

As you want I am here giving you detail about the eligibility criteria for Gujarat SLATE Test.

Only those candidates are eligible to appear in the GSET who have completed / are studying in the final year of a UGC specified Master' s degree.

Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (General) (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Sciences are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer / Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Physically Handicapped (PH)/ Visually Handicapped (VH) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.

Candidates who have appeared OR will be appearing in the final year at the qualifying Master’s degree examination or whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for the Test. However, such candidates will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible for Lectureship only after they have passed their Master’s degree examination or equivalent with at least 55% marks (50% marks in case of Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer / SC/ST/PH/VH category candidates). These candidates must obtain their P.G. degree / marksheet within two years from the date of SET Examination with required percentage of marks, failing which they will be treated as disqualified.

The Ph.D. degree holders whose Master’s level examination had been completed by 19th September, 1991 (irrespective of date of declaration of result) shall be eligible for a relaxation of 5% in aggregate marks (i.e., from 55% to 50%) for appearing in the SET Examination.

Those candidates who are studying in the first year of two years course or in first two semesters of a four semesters course of Master's Degree cannot appear for this test.

Candidates are required to appear for GSET in the subject of their Post Graduation only. In case the subject of a candidate is not included in the list of GSET subjects, the candidates may appear in UGC NET / UGC – CSIR NET which is held twice a year.

There is no upper age limit.

The candidates who have passed M.Sc.( by Research) are not eligible to appear for the SET Exam. As per the U.G.C. Rules.

Candidates belonging to SC / ST / PH / VH / OBC(Cast Certificate alongwith latest Non - Creamy Layer certificate) category are required to submit an attested copy of their Certificate alongwith the Online Printout of their Application Forms. Other candidates are not required to submit any certificates / documents in support of their eligibility along with printout of their Application Form. Therefore, the candidates, in their own interest, must satisfy themselves about their eligibility for the Test. In the event of any ineligibility detected by the agency at any stage, their candidature will be cancelled and their candidature will be cancelled and they shall be liable for legal action.

Candidates having post-graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute or foreign degree/diploma/certificate awarded by the foreign University/Institute should in their own interest, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/degree/certificate with Master's degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi.

Candidates may note that the verification of eligibility conditions with reference to the documents as may be called for will be taken up only after the candidate has qualified in the Test. If in the event of you being found ineligible at any stage for the award due to any reason (including unintentional computer error or printer’s devil etc.), the award may be withdrawn by Gujarat SET Agency.

Any qualified/not-qualified candidate will not get any marksheet from SET agency. The SET agency will issue certificates to the qualifying candidates only.

EXEMPTION (ELIGIBILITY FOR LECTURESHIP)

Exemption from SET will be as per decisions taken by the UGC and State Government from time to time.

NET/SET shall remain the minimum eligibility condition for recruitment and appointment of Lecturers in Universities/Colleges/Institutions. Provided, however, that candidates, who are or have been awarded Ph.D. Degree in compliance of the “University Grants Commission (minimum standards and procedure for award of Ph.D. Degree), Regulation 2009, shall be exempt from the requirement of the minimum eligibility condition of NET/SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions.” The candidates who have passed the UGC/CSIR JRF examination prior to 1989 are also exempted from appearing in NET.

For SET Candidates: The candidates who have cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) accredited by UGC for eligibility for Lectureship held prior to 1st June 2002, are exempted from appearing in NET, being eligible to apply for Lectureship anywhere in India. For SET held from 1st June 2002 onwards, the qualified candidates are eligible to apply for the post of lecturer only in the universities/ colleges belonging to the state from where they have cleared their SET.

Eligibility criteria:

Qualification:

Candidates Should secured at least 55% marks in master level exam.

5% relaxation for candidates belonging to Backward Classes.

Candidates who appearing in the final year at the qualifying Master’s degree examination can also appear in the exam.

Ph.D. degree holders can also eligible to apply .

For more detail about the eligibility here is the attachment.
(eligibility criteria for Gujarat SLATE Test)

Examination structure and scheme:

The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on 19th OCtober 2014(SUNDAY) in two separate sessions as under:

Session

Paper

Marks

Number of Question

Duration
First I 100 60 out of which 50 question to be attempted 09.30 A.M. to 10.45 A.M.
First II 100 50 questions all are compulsory 11.00 A.M. to 12.15 P.M.
Second III 150 75 questions all are compulsory 02.00 P.M. to 4.30 P.M

Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. It will primarily be designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate. Sixty (60) multiple choice questions of two marks each will be given, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any fifty (50). In the event of the candidate attempting more than fifty questions, the first fifty questions attempted by the candidate would be evaluated.

Paper-II shall consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.

Paper-III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.

Syllabus of Test: All questions of Paper-II and Paper-III will be compulsory, covering entire syllabus (including all electives, without options). Syllabi for all Gujarat SET(GSET) subjects can be downloaded from the Gujarat SET Website WELCOME TO GUJARAT STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST, VADODARA[/url] . Gujarat SET Agency will not send the syllabus to individual candidates.

For Science Subjects i.e. Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences & Life Sciences, the syllabus is same as of the CSIR-NET. However, the examination Pattern will be same as of the UGC-NET, described above.

All old examination ' s Questions Papers for Paper - I, Paper - II and Paper - III for all the subjects are available in our website.

No Negative Marking.

Candidates are required to appear in all three papers. A candidate who does not appear in Paper-I and II will not be permitted to appear in Paper-III.

The questions in all three papers will appear both in Gujarati and English versions (except for languages and science subjects). In case of any discrepancy in Gujarati and English version of questions in Paper-I, II and III, the English Version should be taken as final.

The candidate will have to mark the responses for questions of Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III on the ICR answer sheet provided separately.

The detailed instructions for filling up the ICR Answer Sheet will be uploaded on GSET website WELCOME TO GUJARAT STATE ELIGIBILITY TEST, VADODARA[/url] . It may noted that instructions to candidates will not be sent to the candidate by post.

For Visually Handicapped (VH)candidates, thirty (30) minutes’ extra time shall be provided separately for paper-I and Paper-II. For paper-III, forty five (45) minutes’ extra time shall be provided. They will also be provided the services of a scribe who would be a graduate in a subject other than that of the candidate. Those Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates who are not in a position to write in their own hand-writing can also avail these services by making prior request (at least one week before the date of Gujarat SET Examination) in writing to the Gujarat SET office, Vadodara. Extra time and facility of scribe would not be provided to other Physically Handicapped (PH) candidates.

PROCEDURE & CRITERIA FOR DECLARATION OF RESULT:

This will comprise of following steps:

Step I: Minimum marks to be obtained in Gujarat SET (GSET) for considering a candidate for eligibility for lectureship:
The candidates are required to obtain following minimum marks separately in Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III as given below:

CATEGORY Minimum Marks (%) to be obtained
PAPER – I PAPER – II PAPER– III
GENERAL 40 (40%) 40 (40%) 75 (50 %)
OBC(Non-creamy layer)/SC/ST/PH/VH 35 (35%) 35 (35%) 60 (40 %)

Step II: Amongst those candidates who have cleared step I, a merit list will be prepared subject-wise and category-wise using the aggregate marks of all the three papers secured by such candidates.

Step III: Top 15% candidates (for each subject and category), from the merit list mentioned under step II, will be declared Gujarat SET (GSET) qualified for eligibility for lectureship.

It may be noted that the above qualifying criteria decided by GSET is final and binding.

There is no provision of re - evaluations of papers.

Tags
age limit

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in