2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th May 2015, 10:55 AM
Unregistered

Sample paper of MBA PTU

I am preparing for the exam of the MBA course at the Punjab Technical University so for this I am looking for the Sample paper of it so will you please tell me from where I can download the sample papers and previous year question papers of MBA course at the Punjab Technical University? Will you also provide me the link for the syllabus of this subject?
Similar Threads
Thread
Sample Paper Of CGL
NDA Sample Paper PDF
MDU BE Sample Paper
Sample Paper Of SSC
Sample Paper of Hindustan Paper Corporation Limited
PDF NDA Sample Paper
KV PGT Sample paper
WB TET Sample Paper PDF
MP PET Sample Paper PDF
GRE sample paper
MAH MCA CET Sample Paper
NSM Sample Paper MDU
BHU UET Sample Paper
PTU Sample Paper
AA&SSR sample paper
ASO sample paper
Sample Paper VAO
Sample Paper of BHU MCA
B.E(CSE) Sample Paper
Sample paper for MP PET
19th May 2018, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

Re: Sample paper of MBA PTU

Can you provide me the syllabus of Master in Business Administration (MBA) Program offered by PTU (Punjab Technical University) on which the question paper is based?
19th May 2018, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Sample paper of MBA PTU

The syllabus of Master in Business Administration (MBA) Program offered by PTU (Punjab Technical University) on which the question paper is based is as follows:

MBA101 Principles & Practices of Management

Unit I

Introduction: Definition, nature, scope, importance, Functions of management and manager, Managerial roles and skills, Managerial ethics: need, importance, classification and ethical dilemma, corporate social responsibility: concept, need, tools and strategies. Evolution of management thought and Management thinkers Scientific Management, General administrative theories, Quantitative approach, Behavioral approach, Systems approach, Contingency approach

Unit II
Planning: Importance, types of plans, and process of planning, business forecasting. Concept, importance, benefits, limitations and process of Managing by Objectives Strategic management: Nature, importance, purpose, types, process and major kinds of strategies. Decision-Making: Importance, types, steps and approaches, Decision Making in various conditions, decision tree.

Unit III

Organizing: Concept, types, structure and process of organization, Bases of departmentation, Line & Staff concept; problems of use of staff & ways to avoid line-staff conflict Authority & power:-concept, responsibility and accountability. Delegation: concept, importance, factors affecting delegation, Reasons for failure and ways to make delegation effective, Span of Management. Decentralization vs centralization: concept, reasons types and advantage vs disadvantages of decentralization. Coordination: Concept, importance, difficulties and techniques to ensure effective coordination.

Unit IV
Control: Concept, importance, characteristics, planning-control relationship, process of control setting objectives, establishing standards, measuring performance, correcting deviations, types, process and techniques of control, Comparative study: Comparative study of main features of Japanese Management and Z-culture of American Companies, Chinese Style Management, Modern management techniques: an overview of various latest techniques: Business process Re-engineering, business outsourcing, benchmarking, knowledge management, total quality management process, McKinsey's 7-S Approach, E Business Management.

Suggested Readings /Books:

Heinz Weihrich, Cannice & Koontz, Management (A Global Perspective), Tata McGraw Hill
Griffin, Management: Principle & Applications, Cengage Learning
Stephen Robbins & Coulter Mary,Management, Pearsons Education
V S P Rao & V H Krishna, Management, Excel Books
P.Subba Rao, Principles of Management, Himalaya Publishing
Dubrin, Management: Concepts & Cases, Cengage Learning
Daft, Principles of Management, Cengage Learning
Ferrell, Business: A Changing World, Tata McGraw Hill
Mukherjee, Principles of Management and Organisational behaviour, Tata McGraw Hill

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in