2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th March 2016, 06:16 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Sail Management Trainee Previous Year Question Paper For Civil

Hey the Steel Authority of India Limited is one of the largest state-owned steel making company based in New Delhi, India and one of the top steel makers in world.

With an annual turnover of 50627 crore.

Hey buddy the Reasoning question paper is same for all the branches you can have a look

SAIL MT Exam Reasoning Previous Paper With Solution

1. How many cards of E type are inserted in brown envelopes?
Nil
One
Answer is: Two
Three
Data inadequate

2. Which of the following combinations of the type of cards and the number of cards is definitely correct in respect of yellow-coloured envelopes?
A-2, B-I, C-2
B-I, C-2. D-2
A-2, E-l, D-2
Answer is: A-3, B-1 C-1
None of these

3. Which of the following combinations of types of cards and the number of cards and colour of envelope is definitely correct?
Answer is: C-2, D-1, E-2, Brown
C-1,D-2,E-2,Brown
B-2, D-2, A-I, Red
A-2,B-2,C-1,Yellow
None of these

4. Which of the following combinations of colour of the envelope and the number of cards is definitely correct in respect of E type cards?
Red-2, Brown-l
Red-1,Yellow-2
Red-2, Yellow- 1
Yellow-1,Brown-2
Answer is: None of these

5. “Forty per cent of our products are sold in rural area, fifty-three per cent are sold in semi-urban area, sixty per cent of employees are from rural area.” Which of the following statements is definitely true?
The company’s products are purchased only by its employees and their family.
The company does not desire to recruit urban employees.
The company’s products are required in big urban cities and metro areas.
The company holds approximately 90% of the market share in its product line.
Answer is: None of these

6. “We do not advertise, our product speaks for itself.”— Statement of manufacturer of two-wheeler ‘BJA’.
Which of the following, if true, would support and strengthen this statement?
(i) The prices of BJA two-wheelers are on higher side.
(ii) ‘BJA’ has won award for Quality Control Systems.
(iii) The BJA two-wheeler is sleek-looking and has good colours.
(iv) The salaries of BJA employees are better than government services.
Only (i) and (ii)
Answer is: Only (ii) and (iii)
Only (iii) and (iv)
Only (i), (ii) and (iiii)
None of these

Directions (Q. 7-13): Read the following in formation carefully and answer the following questions:
Following are the criteria for organizing interview of such candidates as have been selected from the promotion to officer’s grade from assistant grade in the PRS Industrial Group Limited:
The candidate to be called for interview must:
(i) be a graduate with minimum 50% marks.
(ii) have minimum five years’ experience in the clerical cadre job.
(iii) have obtained at least ‘C’ ratings in performance (speed of work) and the quality of work each during the last three years. For this five ratings A, 8, C, D and E-have been created on the basis of ”Performance Appraisal Report” with the lowest ratings of A and the highest ratings of E.
(iv) have obtained at least ‘D’ ratings in the approach of work (dependability) and in the flexibility of work each for his/her works in the last three years. For this, seven ratings A, B,C, D, E, F and G have been formulated on the basis of “Performance Appraisal Report” with lowest ratings of A and the highest ratings of G.
However, in case of a candidate who fulfills all other criteria EXCEPT

(a)(i) above, but has passed Graduation Exam and has got ‘E’ ratings in the approach of work in the last three years, may be referred to the Assistant Manager (Personnel).
(b) (ii) above, but has experience of three years in clerical cadre job and has got at least ‘D’ ratings in the quality of work for his/her works in the last three years, may be referred to the Deputy Manager (Personnel).

Based on these criteria and information provided against each candidate, decide the course of action. You are not to assume anything. If the data provided are not adequate to decide the given course of action, your answer will be “Data inadequate”. All the candidates fulfill the criterion of age. V Give answer
(1) if data are inadequate (2) if not to be selected (3) if selected for the interview (4) if case is referred to the Assistant Manager (5) if case is referred to the Deputy Manager

7. Mohammed Sheikh is a brilliant post-graduate in Science and has secured 63% and5 marks in graduation and post graduation respectively. He has ‘E’ grade for dependability and flexibility inPerformance Appraisal Report for last four years. He has got ‘C’ rating for quality of work and speed of work. He joined the Bank four years ago.
data are inadequate
Answer is: not to be selected
selected for the interview
case is referred to the Assistant Manager
case is referred to the Deputy Manager

8. Kiran Bala is a young lady and laborious assistant who joined this organisation six years ago after passing B. Commerce Exam. The ratings being given to her for the last 4 years are ‘D’ and ‘C’ respectively for quality of work and speed of work. She is one of the leaders of the clerks. She has got ‘D’ ratings for flexibility of work for the last 5 years.
Answer is: data are inadequate
not to be selected

9. Marks details missing Mandar Rhave has passed his Graduation in Science and Diploma in Business Management with 58% and 62% respectively. lie is good player of chess. His rating on PAR are ‘D’ for ‘dependability’ and ‘flexibility’ whereas he has ‘C’ rating for ‘quality of work’ and ‘D’ rating for ‘speed of work’ for the last 4 years.
Answer is: data are inadequate
not to be selected

10. Joining Date missing Anubhav Rege is with the company for last seven years. For the last 4 years he has ‘D’ rating for ‘quality of work’, ‘C’ rating for ‘speed of work’, ‘F’ rating for ‘dependability’ and ‘D’ rating for ‘flexibility’. His marks in graduation and post-graduation are 46% and 50% respectively. He is very fond of cultural activities
data are inadequate
not to be selected
Answer is: case is referred to the Assistant Manager

12. Shivasundaram has got ‘D’ rating since he joined the bank three years ago on quality of work, speed of work, dependability and flexibility. He has passed his graduation and post graduation with 52% and 47% marks respectively. Shivasundaram is a popular employee because of his social activities.
data are inadequate
not to be selected
Answer is: case is referred to the Deputy Manager

12. Seema Mukhi is working in the clerical cadre for last five-and-a-half years. She has got ‘D’ and ‘E’ ratings respectively on ‘flexibility’ and ‘dependability’ and ‘C’ rating for ‘quality of work’ and ‘speed of work’ for last four years. She has obtained 55% and 48% at SSC and graduation respectively.
data are inadequate
not to be selected
Answer is: case is referred to the Assistant Manager

13. Anthony Cruz is a sportsman and is Vice-Captain of cricket team of PRS Industries Ltd. He is working with the company for last seven years in theclerical cadre. The rating being given to him for the last 3 years is ‘C’ and ‘D’ grade for quality of work and speed of work respectively. Similarly, he has ‘D’ grade for dependability and flexibility in PAR. He is an Arts graduate with 54% of marks
data are inadequate
not to be selected
Answer is: selected for the interview

Directions (Q. 14-18): In each question below is given a statement followed by three assumptions numbered I, II and III. An assumption is something supposed or taken for granted. You have to consider the statement and the assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement. Then decide which of the answers (1), (2), (3) (4) and (5) is the correct answer.

14. Statement: “A rare opportunity to be a professional while you are at home..— An advertisement for computer-literate housewives by a computer company
Assumptions: I. Some housewives simultaneously desire to become professional.
IL Computer industry is growing at a fast pace.
III. It is possible to be a professional as well as a housewife.
Only I and II
Only II and III
Answer is: Only I and III
Only II
None of these

15. Statement: India’s economic growth has come at a terrible price of increased industrial and vehicular pollution.
Assumptions: I. Pollution is a part of industrial society.
II. Indian economic growth is based on only industrial growth.
Ill. A country desires economic growth with manageable side-effects.
only I
Only II
Answer is: Only I and III
Only III
None of these

16. Statement: Efforts to develop technologies more appropriate to the needs of the poorest sections of society need to be further intensified. Assumptions: I: Nothing is impossible if proper efforts are made. II. Technology needs are different for different sections of society. III It is possible to develop appropriate technologies for various economic sections of the society.
Only I
Only III
Only II
Answer is: Both II and III
None of these

17. Statement: “We have the distinction of being the only company in India as well as the second in the world to have won an ISO 9002 quality certification in our line of business”- Statement of company X’s Chairman. Assumptions: I. There were not many companies in the line of business of Company ‘X’. II Getting ISO 9002 in the line of business of Company “X’ is not easy. III. The company ‘X’ desires to expand its business.
Only I
Only II
Only III
Answer is: Only II and III
None of these

18. Its Difficult to get and Chairman is highlighting this fact only to expand business Statement: Co-operative social relationships contribute to develop individual potentialities. Assumptions: I Every society desires to prosper. II. Individuals desire to develop their potential. III It is possible to create and maintain co-operative environment in a society.
Answer is: Only II and III
Only II and I
Only I and III
Only II
None of these

19. In a school class there are 65 children boys outnumber the girls by 21. How many girls are in the class .
Answer is: 22
None of these

20. John had appointment in Delhi .He Reached there on Sunday. He found that he was three days earlier than the meeting day. If he had reached on the following Friday how many days late would he has been.

one day
Answer is: two days
three days
four days
None of these

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in