2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th November 2014, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

RTO Exam Eligibility and syllabus in Maharashtra

I want to do RTO exam from Maharastra so I want Eligibility criteria and syllabus of RTU exam so will you please provide me?
Similar Threads
Thread
Maharashtra RTO Exam Required Eligibility criteria
Eligibility for Dy. S.P exam in Maharashtra
Question papers on Maharashtra State Level Eligibility Test exam
Maharashtra Teacher Eligibility Test Exam Date
Dates of exam of Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Lectureship
Process to apply online for the exam of Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Lectur
National Eligibility Test exam syllabus and Eligibility criteria
Syllabus of exam of History of Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Lectureship
Deadlines to apply for the exam of Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Lectureship
Maharashtra RTO Exam Eligibility Conditions
Maharashtra Engineering Services Exam Eligibility
Syllabus Of Maharashtra RTO Exam
Maharashtra State Eligibility Test History Exam Syllabus
Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Lectureship syllabus of Computer Science
Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Lectureship exam eligibility criteria
Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Lectureship exam pattern
Syllabus of exam of Hindi of Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Lectureship
Syllabus and the exam pattern of Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Lectureship
Syllabus of Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Lectureship
Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Lectureship syllabus
21st November 2014, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

Re: RTO Exam Eligibility and syllabus in Maharashtra

Here you are looking for Eligibility and syllabus of RTO Exam in Maharashtra, as you want here I am providing you.

RTO: Regional Transport Officer

RTO employment exam is being mannered by the MP Public Service Commission.

Following posts come under the RTO exam:

• RTO Inspector
• Assistant Inspector

Eligibility criteria for RTO exam:

Candidates must have done Mechanical Engineering/Diploma in Automobile from any recognized university/institution

Age limit:
Minimum age is 18yr
Maximum age is 37yr

Nationality:

Candidates must citizen of India

Exam Pattern

PAPER I :-
General Paper - It will include questions from 4 sections.

PAPER II :-
Engineering Paper - It will include questions from computer science/Mechanical Engineering.

Syllabus:

Optional Subjects:
Computer Science
Mechanical Engineering

Section - A( Marks : 50 )

Materials and Their Behaviour

Fundamentals :
Force, moment, couple, resultant of forces, Equilibrium offorces, friction and friction angle, columb friction, rolling friction andbelt friction, frictional torque in pivot and Collar bearings, MI, Work andenergy

Strength of Materials :
Normal and Shearstresses, Stress-strain diagram, thermal stresses, shear force and bendingmoment diagrams, bending stresses in solid, hollow and built up sections,deflection of beams, shear stress distribution, strain energy, torsion ofbars, shafts and helical springs, Deflection of beam under differentconditions, impact load

Theory of Machines :
Kinematic link,pair, chain, Mechanism and structure, degrees of freedom, Cams, Gear trains,fluctuation of speed and energy in flywheel, Gyroscope, Balancing of rigidrotor, Single and multi-cylinder engines and V-engines, belts and chaindrives, Hydrodynamic bearing

Engineering Materials :
Crystallinestructure of metals and alloys, defects in crystalline materials, Iron-Carbonequilibrium diagram, plain carbon steel, alloy steel, cast iron and types,Brass and Bronze, Aluminum, lead, Tin, Zinc- their properties andapplications, Plastic deformation, bearing materials, plastics, ceramics,composite materials, Heat treatment of steels

Salary Structure: Rs 14800 – 34000/-.

Selection Process:
Written Test
Interview

For more details contact to this address:

Maharashtra Public Service Commission
Bank Of India Building,
3rd Floor, Old Custom House Rd,
Borabazar Precinct,
Ballard Estate,
Fort, Mumbai,
Maharashtra 400001 ‎
India
022 2267 0148

Map;

[MAP]https://www.google.co.in/maps?q=Maharashtra+Public+Service+Commission+Bank+ Of+India+Building&hl=en&ll=19.023174,72.836609&spn =0.30315,0.519791&sll=18.999539,72.858641&sspn=0.3 03193,0.519791&hq=Maharashtra+Public+Service+Commi ssion+Bank+Of+India+Building&t=m&z=11&iwloc=A[/MAP]

If you want any more details about give information please let me know we will provide you.

Last edited by sumit; 7th February 2020 at 03:41 PM.
6th September 2015, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

When will be Rto exam in further month from sep 2015
1st November 2015, 02:01 PM
Unregistered

are there specific books for study
30th December 2016, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Plz tell which book prepare for RTO exam
9th September 2019, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Hi buddy here I am looking for info related to RTO Exam Eligibility and syllabus in Maharashtra so will you plz let me know about the same here as I am going to take part in this exam??
9th September 2019, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

As you want here I am giving bellow info related to MPSC (Maharashtra Public Service Commission) RTO Exam Eligibility and syllabus on your demand:

Assistant Motor Vehicle Inspector Examination is conducted in 3 Stages as given below

Preliminary Exam (100 Marks)

Main Exam (300 Marks)

Personal Interview & Personality Test (50 Marks)

1. Preliminary Exam Scheme and Syllabus
Candidate must successfully clear preliminary exam to appear in main exam, however marks scored in this exam are not considered in Final Score after main exam. This exam is conducted in Marathi and English languages.

Preliminary exam is based on multiple choice objective type questions (MCQ) and there will be 100 questions based on topics like General Knowledge, Intelligence test and Current affairs in the field of Mechanical and Automobile Engineering.

General Knowledge (50 Questions)
Current affairs, Social and industrial reforms, General Science, Indian History and Geography (Importance on Maharashtra), Civics

Intelligence test (30 Questions)
To test the ability of candidate about quick thinking

Current affairs in the field of Mechanical and Automobile Engineering (20 Questions)
Latest trends and technological development in the field of Mechanical and Automobile Engineering.

2. Main Exam Scheme and Syllabus
Main exam will be based on objective type multiple choice questions and there will be 150 Questions. The exam will be of 300 Marks and duration will be 1 hour 30 Minutes. All questions will be based on Mechanical / Automobile Engineering and detailed syllabus is as follows

Section A : Mechanical and Automobile Engineering (120) Questions
Strength of Materials : (15)
Stress and strain, strain energy, shearing force and bending moment, moment of inertia, Principal planes and stresses, slope and deflection. Direct and bending stresses, Columns, Torsion and thin cylinders.

Mechanical Technology : (20)
Engineering materials, Non chip forming processes, chip Forming process : Turning, Drilling, Milling, Boring, Broaching, Finishing and super finishing, Gear production as well as NC-CNC and non conventional machining methods.

Theory of Machines : (20)
Kinematics and dynamics of machines, role of friction, different power devices and power transmission equipments such as governers, gyroscopes etc., Applications of cams.

Hydraulics : (20)
Fluids and their properties, Laminar and turbulent flow, Bernaullis Equation, Fluid pressure, Pascals Law, Surface tension, fluid flow and its measurement.

Thermal Engineering : (20)
Sources of energy : Conventional and non conventional, Laws of thermodynamics, Principle and working of heat engines, air compressors. Air Standard, vapour power and Gas power cycles.

Automobile Engines : (15)
Theory, working and constructional features of C.I. and S.I. engines, Combustion phenomena and various ignition systems, Fuels and Lubricants, Performance and Testing of I.C. Engines, Pollution control.

Industrial Electronics : (10)
Diods, UJT, BJT, amplifiers, microprocessors.

Section B: Mechanical Engineering - (30) Questions
Hydraulic Machinary : (10)
Impact of jet, Hydraulic turbines, Hydraulic pumps : Centrifugal, reciprocating and other types. Hydraulic control circuits.

Refrigeration and Air Conditioning : (10)
Refrigerator and heat pump, Vapour compression and vapour absorption refrigeration systems, Refrigerants, Psychometry, Air conditioning and its applications.

Industrial Engineering : (10)
Types of production, plant layouts, process planning, work study, statistical quality control, Metrology.

Section C : Automobile Engineering (30) Questions
Automobile Systems : (10)
Vehicle layout, Transmission system, breaking systems, ABS, Steering and suspension system, Chasis Frame and Body engineering.

Vehicle Maintenance : (10)
Performance of vehicles, engine electricals and electronics, workshop layout, repairing and servicing, Emission measurements and control techniques.

Transport Management : (10)
Elements of transport and its operations, Motor Vehicle Act, Taxation, Insurance.

Note: Main exam Section A questions are compulsory and solve any one section out of section B and Section C

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in