2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

16th July 2015, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Re: RTM Nagpur university question papers

Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University was established in 4 August, 1923 with six affiliated colleges, it is a state university,

As you are looking for the BSC final year question paper of RTM Nagpur university for preparation so here I am giving you in Image format…

RTM Nagpur university BSC final year question papers

And you are also looking for final year Botany syllabus of Bsc so here I am providing you the same……

SEMESTER – V
PAPER – I
BIOCHEMISTRY & PLANT PHYSIOLOGY-I
Unit I
Carbohydrates: Definition, properties and role; Classification: Aldoses and ketoses; monosaccharides, disaccharides and polysaccharides; Structure of Glucose and starch
Lipids: Definition, properties and role; fatty acids, oils and waxes, phospholipids, sphingolipids, sterols
Aminoacids- Chemistry of amino acids present in proteins (Classification), peptide bond
Basics of Enzymology: Nomencleture, Characteristics and properties of Enzymes, factors affecting enzyme activity, Holoenzyme, Apoenzyme, Co-enzymes & Co-factors, Regulation of Enzyme Activity (Enzyme-Substrate Complex Theory), Mechanism of Action (Lock & Key Model, Induced Fit Model)

Unit II
Plant-water relations: Properties of water, diffusion, diffusion pressure deficit and its significance; Osmosis: Concept, types, osmotic potential and its significance; Imbibition: concept and significance
Water conduction through xylem: Root pressure theory, cohesion-adhesion theory; transpiration; stomatal opening mechanism with reference to K+-malate hypothesis
Phloem transport: Munch hypothesis

Unit III
Mineral nutrition: Role and deficiency symptoms of macro- and micro- nutrients (N, P, Fe, Mn, B , Ca); Solute transport: passive (Donnan’s equilibrium), active (carrier concept)
Lipid metabolism: Glyoxylate cycle and beta- oxidation
Respiration: Structure of ATP, types (aerobic and anaerobic respiration), respiratory substrates and Respiration quotient, glycolysis, Kreb’s cycle, oxidative phosphorylation (ETS), chemiosmotic potential theory; fermentation (alcohol and lactic acid), photorespiration

Unit IV
Photosynthesis: concept, definition, significance, photosynthetic pigments and their role, action spectra, Emerson’s enhancement effect, red drop mechanism; photolysis of water (Hill’s reaction), cyclic and non-cyclic photophosphorylation, Light independent reactions: C3, C4 and CAM pathways and their significance; factors affecting photosynthesis
Nitrogen metabolism: Mechanism of biological nitrogen fixation, importance of nitrate reductase

List of practicals
To study the effect of various chemicals on permeability of membranes.
To study the ascent of sap in suitable plant material.
To separate chlorophyll pigment by paper chromatography.
To determine the RQ of given plant material.
To perform microchemical tests for determination of reducing and non-reducing sugars, starch, cellulose, oils and proteins.
To study the effect of light intensity and quality, CO2 concentration and temperature on rate of photosynthesis by suitable method.
To determine osmotic potential of the cell sap by plasmolytic method.
To study the activity of enzyme amylase, catalase and peroxidase.

SEMESTER – V
PAPER – II
PLANT ECOLOGY - I
Unit I
Ecology: definition, branches and significance of ecology
Climatic Factors: Atmospheric (Gaseous composition), Light & Temperature (effect on vegetation)

Unit II
Edaphic Factor : Pedogenesis, Soil profile, Soil properties (physical and chemical)
Physiographic factor- Biotic Factor: Interactions between plants and animals and human, Interaction between plants growing in a community, Interactions between plants and soil microorganisms.

Unit III
Ecosystem: Biotic and Abiotic components, Food chain, Food web, Ecological pyramids
Biogeochemical Cycles: Nitrogen
Autecology (definition, importance), ecad, ecotype- characteristics and importance
Synecology (or community ecology)- Study of community: analytical (quantitative- frequency, density, abundance; qualitative- Life forms, Raunkier’s Biological spectrum) and synthetic characters (presence, fidelity, dominance)

Unit IV
Plant succession: Definition, Causes of succession, Hydrosere, Xerosere
Plant adaptations: Morphological, Anatomical & Physiological responses of Hydrophytes, Xerophytes, Halophytes (with one example)

List of practicals:
To determine frequenct, density, abundance of the community by quadrate method.
To determine the homogeneity of vegetation by Raunkiers frequency diagram.

To study the morphological and anatomical characteristics of anyone hydrophyte and xerophyte.
To study the morphological characteristics of cladode, phylloclade, phyllode and pneumatophores.
To determine the water holding capacity of the given soil samples.
To determine the water rising capacity of the given soil samples.
To determine the soil moisture of the given samples.
Botanical Excursions (One short tour is compulsory).

Semester V Practical examination
Question Paper
Time : 5 hrs Marks : 30
Q. 1) To perform given Physiology Experiment [A] & report the findings 06
Q. 2) To perform the given Biochemical Experiment [B] & report the findings 04
Q. 3) To perform the given Ecological Experiment [C] & report the findings 05
Q. 4) To perform the given microchemical test [D] & report the findings 03
Q. 5) Spotting : 04
E - Plant Physiology
F - Biochemistry
G - Ecology (morphology)
H -Ecology (anatomy)
Q. 6) Viva Voice 03
Q. 7) Practical Record & Excursion Report 05

SEMESTER – VI
PAPER – I
PLANT PHYSIOLOGY-II & BIOTECHNOLOGY
Unit I
Growth: Concept, growth curve, phases of growth
Phytochromes: Pr and Pfr forms, their role
Circadian rhythms and biological clock
Plant growth regulators: Role of auxin, cytokinins, gibberilins, ABA and ethylene
Plant movements: Tropic and nastic movements

Unit II
Photoperiodism: physiology of flowering, photoperiodism and vernalization, role of florigen
Senescence and abscission
Seed dormancy: Causes and role, methods to break seed dormancy
Plant defence: Definition: Hypersensitive response and Systemic acquired resistance; Role of secondary metabolites (Terpenes and phenolic compounds)

Unit III
Plant tissue culture: History, definitions of- totipotency, explant, asceptic culture, in vitro, micropropagation; methods of sterilization (autoclaving, dry heat, chemicals), culture media (MS media)
Callus and organ culture (shoot tip, leaf disc, anther, ovary, ovule and endosperm) and its application
Protoplast culture and its application, cybrid production
Cell suspension culture and its application

Unit IV
Genetic engineering: Tools- Enzymes (Restriction enzymes, ligases, DNA polymerases), Vectors (Plasmid vectors- cloning and expression vector)
DNA library: cDNA and gDNA library
Introduction of rDNA into host: Calcium chloride mediated cell transformation
Agarobacterium tumefaciens mediated gene transfer, structure of Ti plasmids
Advantages and disadvantages of transgenic plants

List of Practicals
To determine seed viability by a convenient method
Principle and working of: oven, autoclave, laminar air flow hood
To study the structure of following vectors on the basis of photographs and diagrams: plasmid vector, Binary vector
To study the effect of various plant growth regulators on the growth and development of plants

SEMESTER – VI
PAPER – II
PLANT ECOLOGY, TECHNIQUES & ETHNOBOTANY
Unit I
Principles of Phytogeography, Distribution (wides, endemics, discontinuous species), Theories (Landbridge and continental drift), Climatic regions of India, Phytogeographic regions of India (Chatterjee 1962; Name, distribution area, typical vegetation)

Unit II
Environmental Pollution: Agricultural. noise and thermal pollution, Control of environmental pollution, Environmental management
Natural resources- types (renewable and non-renewable), factors for depletion; conservation of forest and water resources

Unit III
Principle, types and application of: microscopy (Light, fluorescent, phase contrast, electron), centrifugation, electrophoresis (SDS-PAGE and Agarose), spectroscopy (UV-Vis), chromatography (Paper chromatography, Thin layer chromatography)

Unit IV Ethnobotany
Introduction, definition, branches & importance of ethnobotany
Ethnic societies of India & their contribution
Plants of Ethnobotanical importance: classification of ethnobotanical plants on the basis of their use; Source of (5 each): vegetables, fruits and seeds, medicinal plants and narcotics (family, parts used and tribal area)

List of Practicals
Principle and working of: spectrophotometer, microscope etc.
To determine the DO of water samples from different sources.
To study the dust holding capacity of leaves.
To estimate transparency, pH and temperature of different water bodies
To estimate salinity (chlorides) of different water samples.
To determine the percent leaf-area injury of different leaf samples collected around polluted sites.
To study the plants of ethnobotanical importance.
Botanical Excursions (One short tour is compulsory).

Semester VI Practical examination
Question Paper
Time : 5 hrs Marks : 30
Q. 1) To determine seed viability [A] & report the findings 05
Q. 2) To perform the given Ecological experiment [B] & report the findings 05
Q. 3) Comment on the specimen of ethnobotanical importance 04
Q. 4) Comment on the given equipment [D] 04
Q. 5) Comment on the given plant growth regulator [E] 04
Q. 6) Viva Voice 03
Q. 7) Practical Record & Excursion Report 05

List of Reference Books
SEM I & II
Tortora, G. E. B. R. Funke, C. L Case U (1997): Microbiology, An Introduction, 6'r'Ed (Addison
Neslley Logman ,Inc.)
Smith, K. M. : Plant Viruses [1992] 6th Ed luniversity Book Stall ,New Delhi)
Dubey, RC. DK Maheshwari [1999] : Text Book of Microbiology (S. Chand & Co)
Sharma, P.D. [ 1993] : Microbiology and plant pathology ( Rastogi & Co)
Sullia, S. B. [1998] : General Microbiology (Oxford &IBH)
Prescott el al [ 1999]: Microbiology 3"red (Wm C Brown Pub)
Bold, H.C. C. J Alexopoulos and T Delevoryas [980] : Morphology of Plants and Fungi
(Harper and Row Publishers, N.Y.)
Ganguly, Kar [] : College Botany, Vol II (New Central Book Agency, Calcutta)
Bierhorst, D. W. (1971) : Morphology of Vascular Plants (Macmillon & Co. N.Y.)
Bold, H. C. and M. J. Wynne [1978] :Introduction of Algae: Structure and Reproduction
(Prentice Hall Of India, Pvt. Ltd)
Kumar, H. D. and HN Singh (1982) : A text Book of Algae (AffiliateEast - West Press, Pvt.
Ltd, New Delhi)
Sharma, O.P.11992): Text . Book Of Thallophytes (McGraw Hill Publishing Co.)
Smith, G. M. [971] : Cryptogamic Botany, Vol. I Atgae and Fungi(TMH)

Contact details:
Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Administrative Premises Ravindranath Tagore Marg
Nagpur, Maharashtra 440001

Map:
[MAP]Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University[/MAP]
23rd November 2019, 08:24 AM
Unregistered

Can you provide me the syllabus of Bachelor of Science (Information Technology) Program offered by Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur on which the question paper is based?
23rd November 2019, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

The syllabus of Bachelor of Science (Information Technology) Program offered by Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur on which the question paper is based

B. Sc. (IT) Part I Semester-I

Paper I
Fundamentals of Information Technology

UNIT - I :

Basic Components of Digital Computers: Block Diagram. CPU: Functions of Each Unit: Primary Memory, ALU and CU, Instruction format. Bus: Data, Control and Address Bus Number Systems: Binary, Octal, Decimal, HexaDecimal, Their Conversions, Binary Arithmetic. ASCII, BCD, EBCDIC.
Language Evolution : Generation of Languages : Machine, Assembly, High Level Languages.
Characteristics of Good Language Translators : Compiler, Interpreter and Assembler. Source and Object Program.

UNIT - II :
Memory: Static & dynamic, RAM, ROM, PROM, EPROM, EEPROM, flash and Cache.
Storage Devices: Hard Disk, Zip Disk and Optical Disk. Pen Drive, Blue Ray

UNIT - III :
Input Devices: Keyboard, Mouse, Light Pen, Touch Screen, Voice Input , MICR, OCR, OMR, Barcode Reader and Flatbed Scanner.
Output Devices: VDU, Printers: Dot Matrix, Laser and Inkjet.
Plotters: Drum, Flat-Bed and Inkjet.

UNIT - IV :
Network: Network terminology, Topologies : Linear, Circular, Tree and Mesh.
Types of Networks: LAN, WAN, MAN. Repeaters, Bridge, Routers, Brouters and Gateway. Modem for Communication between pc’s, wi-fi network, Introduction of Bluetooth and Infrared devices. Network protocols.
Architecture : Peer-to-Peer, Client/Server.

Reference Books:
1. Information technology concepts by Dr. Madhulika Jain, Shashank & Satish Jain, [BPB
Publication, New Delhi.]
2. Fundamentals of Information Technology By Alexis And Mathews Leon
[Leon Press, Chennai & Vikas Publishing House Pvt Ltd, New Delhi]

Syllabus B Sc (IT) Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in