2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

30th April 2020, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

Re: HP University Question Papers

Can you provide me the syllabus for B.A. with Mathematics Program offered by Himachal Pradesh University on which the question paper is based?
30th April 2020, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Re: HP University Question Papers

The syllabus for B.A. with Mathematics Program offered by Himachal Pradesh University on which the question paper is based is as follows:

Core 1.1: Differential Calculus

Unit-I (19 hrs)

Limit and Continuity (epsilon and delta definition), Types of discontinuities, Differentiability of functions, Successive differentiation, Leibnitz’s theorem

Unit-II (19hrs)
Indeterminate forms, Rolle’s theorem, Lagrange’s & Cauchy Mean Value theorems, Taylor’s theorem with Lagrange’s and Cauchy’s forms of remainder, Taylor’s series. Maclaurin’s series of sin x, cos x, ex, log(l+x), (l+x)m

Unit-III (19 hrs)
Concavity, Convexity & Points of Inflexion, Curvature, Radius of curvature, center of curvature, Asymptotes, Singular points, Double point, Polar coordinates, Relation between Cartesian and polar coordinates.

Unit-IV (18 hrs)
Functions of several variables (up to three variables): Limit and Continuity of these functions
Partial differentiation, Euler’s theorem on homogeneous functions, Maxima and Minima with
Lagrange Multipliers Method (two variables), Jacobian (up to three variables)

Books Recommended:
1. H. Anton, I. Birens and S. Davis, Calculus, John Wiley and Sons, Inc., 2002.
2. G.B. Thomas and R.L. Finney, Calculus, Pearson Education, 2007.

Himachal Pradesh University Syllabus B.A. with Mathematics
hpuniv.ac.in/upload/syllabus/5b864940926b0BSCBAMATH.pdf

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in