2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th December 2012, 04:56 PM
Super Moderator

Re: RRB exam pattern junior engineers

I am going to provide you the detail information of the examination pattern of the RRB examination

The Question Paper will be of objective type in this examination with multiple answers MCQ’s consisting of 150 Multiple Choice Questions with four choices, with a time limit of 2 hours.
Duration of the Examination :: 120 Minutes for 150 Questions

The syllabus of the examination of the RRB for the post of junior engineers is following
1. General Awareness
2. General Intelligence
3. General English
4. Arithmetic Ability
5. Reasoning Ability
6. Technical Ability (Pertaining to the Applied Post)

If you want any other information about the exam, please contact us.
25th March 2015, 10:19 AM
Unregistered

Hi I am preparing for the RRB Junior Engineer Exam so provide me the exam pattern and the syllabus of this exam?
25th March 2015, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Ok, as you want the exam pattern and the syllabus of RRB Junior Engineer Exam so here I am providing you.

RRB Junior Engineer Exam pattern and syllabus

Written exam will consists of Total 150 Questions.

Time Duration for Written exam is 2 Hours.

There will be Negative Marking of 1/3 Marks for wrong answer.

90 Questions will be asked from Technical Ability & General Science.

60 Questions will be from General Awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and Reasoning

The question paper contains 5 main topics-

1)Technical Ability
2)General Awareness
3)General Intelligence
4)Arithmetic
5)Reasoning Ability
Technical Ability :

General Awareness :
Current affairs, Famous Personalities, Geography, Honors and Awards, Important Dates, Sports, Indian Railways, History & Culture, General Polity, Basic Economy.

General Intelligence :
Coding-Decoding, Sequence & Series, Alphabet Test, Classification, Blood Relations, Direction Test, Venn Diagrams, Group Reasoning, Number, Ranking & Time Sequence Test, Logical Arrangement of Words.

Arithmetic :
Average, Angles and Sides of various shapes, percentages, profit & loss and partnership, Square root and Cube root, Volume and Surface Area, Computation of Fractions, Computation of whole numbers, L.C.M and H.C.F.

Reasoning Ability :
Analyzing Arguments, Blood Relation, Test Cause and Effect Making Judgement’s, Puzzles, Seating Arrangement, Statements and Assumption, Statement and Conclusion.

The syllabus is different for various branch people like, Mechanical, Civil, Electronics, Electrical, IT etc. The sample question papers for the RRB JE will be updated soon. RRB Junior Engineer Books will be updated here. You can download them here.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in