2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

13th July 2015, 08:50 AM
Unregistered

PRSU Notes

Hello, I am looking for the Notes/syllabus of the PRSU BCA. So can you please provide me the details regarding this including the sample question paper and the contact details of the University??
Similar Threads
Thread
PRSU BBA Notes
PRSU Old Website
Prsu tt
BCA Notes PRSU
PRSU BSC Syllabus
PRSU More
PRSU Ac
B sc Syllabus Prsu
Prsu pgdca
PRSU DCA Course
PRSU DCA Syllabus
PRSU ac Aboutus about PRSU
Result PRSU
Prsu ugc
MA Result PRSU
Prsu mba
MSW In PRSU
Prsu net
PRSU BCA Syllabus Pdf
PRSU Ac In BA Part 1
13th July 2015, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

Re: PRSU Notes

Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University is a Public University which is located in the city of Raipur, Chhattisgarh, India.

It was established in 1964.

You are looking for the details regarding the Notes/syllabus of the PRSU BCA. So I am providing it to you:

BCA301
CALCULUS & GEOMETRY Max. Marks : 50
NOTE :- The Question Paper setter is advised to prepare unit-wise question with the provision
of internal choice. Only Simple calculator is allowed not Scientific calculator.
Calculus
Unit–I The Reimann Integral, Existence of the Riemann Integral, Properties of Reimann
Integrals, Fundamental Theorem of Integral Calculus.
Unit-II Maxima and minima of functions of two and three variables. Langrange’s method of
undetermined multipliers.
Unit-III Improper integrals, Meaning of integrals of type ?a? f(x) dx, ?ab f(x) dx where f(x) is not
defined at a and/or b. Tests of convergence for improper integrals.
Geometry
Unit-IV Equation to cone with given base, Generators of Cone, condition for three mutually
perpendicular generators, Right Circular Cone, Equation of a cylinder.
Unit-V Polar Coordinates, Polar equation to straight line, Circle. Polar equation of a Conic.
REFERENCE:
1. Calculus of two and more variables: G.S. Pandey & V.P. Saxena (Wiley Eastern)
2. Higher calculus : P.L.Sharma
3. Vector Calculus & Geometry : B.R.Thakur.
Syllabus of the PRSU BCA
CALCULUS & GEOMETRY Max. Marks : 50
NOTE :- The Question Paper setter is advised to prepare unit-wise question with the provision
of internal choice. Only Simple calculator is allowed not Scientific calculator.
Calculus
Unit–I The Reimann Integral, Existence of the Riemann Integral, Properties of Reimann
Integrals, Fundamental Theorem of Integral Calculus.
Unit-II Maxima and minima of functions of two and three variables. Langrange’s method of
undetermined multipliers.
Unit-III Improper integrals, Meaning of integrals of type ?a? f(x) dx, ?ab f(x) dx where f(x) is not
defined at a and/or b. Tests of convergence for improper integrals.
Geometry
Unit-IV Equation to cone with given base, Generators of Cone, condition for three mutually
perpendicular generators, Right Circular Cone, Equation of a cylinder.
Unit-V Polar Coordinates, Polar equation to straight line, Circle. Polar equation of a Conic.
REFERENCE:
1. Calculus of two and more variables: G.S. Pandey & V.P. Saxena (Wiley Eastern)
2. Higher calculus : P.L.Sharma
3. Vector Calculus & Geometry : B.R.Thakur.
DIFFERENTIAL EQUATIONS & FOURIER SERIES
Note : The Question Paper setter is advised to prepare unit-wise question with the provision
Unit–I Concept of Differential equation. Recall of first order and first degree differential
equations. Equation of first order but of higher degree. Homogeneous and exact
differential equations.
Unit-II Geometric representation, Family of curves and orthogonal trajectories. Linear differential
equation with constant coefficients. Operational rules of D. Homogeneous linear
equations.
Unit-III Partial differential equations of first order, Standard forms, Linear partial differential
equations of higher order with constant coefficients.
Unit-IV Periodic Function, Fourier Sine and Cosine Series, Even and Odd Functions, Full
Range and Half Range Fourier Series
Unit-V Convergence of Fourier Series, Gibbs Phenomenon, Operations on Fourier Series,
Applications of Fourier Series to Differential Equation
REFERENCE:
1. Introductory course in differential equations : D. A. Murray
2. Differential equations(Awkl Sameekaran) : B.P. Parashar & L.P. Rajpal
3. Differential equations and Fourier Series : H.K.Pathak
COMPUTER SYSTEM ARCHITECTURE Max Marks : 50
Note : The Question Paper setter is advised to prepare unit-wise question with the provision
of internal choice. Only Simple calculator is allowed not Scientific Calculator.
UNIT-I Data Representation – Data Types, Number System, Fixed Point Representation – 1’s,
2’s complements, Binary Fixed point representation, Arithmetic operation on Binary
BCA & Other Computer Application (51)
operation, Overflow & Underflow, Codes, ASCII, EBCDIC codes, Grey codes, Excess-
3, BCD codes, Error detection & correcting codes.
UNIT-II Digital Logic Circuits – Logic Gates AND, OR, NOT, Gates & their truth tables, NOR,
NAND & XOR Gates, Boolean algebra, Basic Boolean Law, Doorman's theorem, Map
Simplification, Minimizing technique, K Map, Sum of product, Product of sums,
Combinational & sequential Circuits Half adder & Full adder, Full Subtractor, Flip Flop
– RS, D, JK & T Flip Flop, Shift register, RAM & ROM.
UNIT-III CPU organization, ALU & Control circuit, Idea about arithmetic circuits, Program
control, Instruction sequencing, Introduction to Microprocessor, Microprocessor architecture,
System buses, Registers, Program counter,, Block diagram of a Macro
computer system, Microprocessor control signals, Interfacing Devices ,Introduction to
Motherboard ,SMPS
UNIT-IV Input output organization, I/O Interface, Properties of simple I/O devices and their
Controller, Isolated versus Memory mapped I/O, Modes of Data transfer, Synchronous
& Asynchronous Data Transfer, Handshaking, Asynchronous serial transfer, I/O processor
UNIT-V Auxiliary memory - Magnetic drum, Disk & Tape, Semi conductor memories, Memory
Hierarchy, Associative memory, Virtual memory, address space & memory space,
Address mapping, Page table, Page replacement, cache memory, Hit ratio, Mapping
Techniques, Writing into cache.
REFERENCE:
1. Computer System architecture - M. Moris Mano
PROGRAMMING IN JAVA
UNIT-I Introduction :Genesis of java, importance to the Internet, overview of features.
OOP : OOP features, data types, control structures, arrays, methods and classes,
nested & inner classes, string and String Buffer class, Wrapper Class, vectors,
UNIT-II Inheritance : Basics type,, method Override, using abstract and final classes, using
super.
Packages and Interfaces : Defined CLASSPATH, importing packages, implementing
interface.
UNIT-III Exception Handling : Fundamental: exception types, using try and catch, throwing
exceptions, defined exceptions.
Multithreaded Programming : Java spread model, creating threads, and thread
priorities, synchronization. Suspending resuming and stopping threads.
UNIT-IV Input/Output : Basic Streams, Byte and Character Stream, predefined streams,
reading and writing from console and files. Using standard Java Packages (lang,util,io)
Networking :Nasecs. TCP/IP client & server sockets, URL connection.
JDBC: Setting the JDBC connectivity with backend database.
UNIT-V Applets : Fundamentals, life cycle, overriding update, HTML APPLET tag, passing
parameters. Developing single applets.
Introduction to AWT : Window fundamentals, creating windowed, programs waking
with graphics, using AWT controls, menus. Delegation event model, handling mouse
and keyboard events.
BCA & Other Computer Application (52)
BOOKS RECOMMENDED:
1. Java complete reference - by Patrick naughten & Mesut Scpddt. [TMH]
2. Java Primer - by E.Balaguruswami
3. Java Programming - Khalid Mughal
OPERATING SYSTEM
UNIT-I Introduction
What is operating system, basic concept, terminology, batch processing, spooling,
multiprogramming, time sharing, real time systems, protection, multiprocessor system,
operating system as resource manager, process view point, memory management,
process management, device management and information management, other
views of operating system, historical, functional job control language and supervisor
service control.
UNIT-II Processor Management ( CPU Scheduling)
Reviewing of multiprogramming concept, scheduling concept, basic concept, CPU I/O
burst cycle process state, PCB ( Programme Control Block) scheduling queries,
schedulars, scheduling algorithms - performance criteria, first-come - first served
shortest job - first priority, preemptive algorithm, round robin, multilevel queues and
multilevel feedback queues, algorithm evolution, multiprocessor scheduling , separate
system, coordinated job scheduling, master / slave scheduling.
UNIT-III Memory Management
Preliminaries of memory management, memory handling in M/C, relocation, swapping
and swap time calculation, multiple partitions, partitioned allocation MFT, fragmentation,
MVT, compaction, paging, job scheduling implementation of page tables, shared
page, virtual memory-overlays, concepts of virtual memory demand page, memory
management and performance, page replacement and page replacement algorithms.
Allocation algorithms. Storage hierarchy disk and drum scheduling - physical characteristics
fcfs scheduling SCAN, short of seek time first disk scheduling algorithms
sector queuing.
UNIT-IV Information Management (File System)
File concept, file type, typed based system, disk based system, general model of file
system, file directory maintenance, symbolic file system, basic file system, physical
file system, file support device directory, access methods free space management
contiguous, linked allocation and indexed allocation performances.
UNIT-V Dead Locks
The Dead Lock problem - Dead Lock definition, Dead Lock detection, detection
algorithm usage, Dead Lock characterization, resource allocation graph, Dead Lock
prevention, mutual exclusion, hold and wait, no preemption and circular wait, dead lock
avoidance-bankers algorithm. Recovery from Dead Lock process termination, resource
preemption, combined approach to Dead Lock handling.
BOOKS RECOMMENDED :
1. Principles of Operating System - Peterson.
2. Operating System - Mandinick & Donovan.
You are looking for the sample paper of the BCA. So I want to tell that I have the sample paper for the following subjects:

CS-610 Foundation Course in English for Computing
CS-611 Computer Fundamentals and PC Software
CS-612 PC Software Skills
CS-05 Elements of Systems Analysis and Design
FST: Foundation Course in Science and Technology
CS-63 Introduction to System Software
CS-06 Database Management System
CS-64 Introduction to Computer Organisation
CS-66 Multimedia
CS-68 Computer Networks
CS-69 TCP/IP Programming
CS-70 Introduction to Software Engineering
CS-72 C++ and Object Oriented Programming
CS-74 Introduction to Internet Programming
CS-75 Intranet Administration

So I am providing you the sample paper for CS-66 Multimedia. If you need anather one than please tell me I will provide that also to you:

Q.1.
(a) Define the term Multimedia. List four softwares used in multimedia industry.

(b) Explain the role of a logic flow chart for multimedia application, with an example.

(c) How is multimedia used in business communications? Explain this with an example.

(d) What are Annotations? Explain the role of annotations in the applications of hypertext, using an example.

(e) What is video conferencing? List two differences between video conferencing and document conferencing.

(f) Explain the use of the Everest Authoring system. Also list four features of this system.

(g) Describe the Hardware requirernent for a multimedia system, with a suitable diagram.

2. Briefly explain four features of Digital Video. Also explain why it is increasingly used in current applications. Explain two differences in the functions of Digital Video and a CD-ROM.

Q.3.
(a) What is Macromedia Director? How it is used to develop multimedia?

(b) Explain the following multimedia file formats:
AVI, BMP, JPEG, MPEG AND Wav.

Q.4.
(a) What is a hypertext? Explain this with a diagram. Also describe three major elements of hypertext.

(b) Explain the use of communication technology for multimedia services, with an example.

Q.5.
(a) Explain the process of collaborative learning using multimedia, with an example.

(b) Explain the production process of multimedia applications, with an example.

Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University
Amanaka G.E.Road, Raipur, Chhattisgarh 492010
077122 62540

Map:
[MAP]Pt. Ravishankar Shukla UniversityChhattisgarh [/MAP]
To get the detailed syllabus download this attachment:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Syllabus of the PRSU BCA.pdf (240.4 KB, 98 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in