2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th May 2015, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

Prsu pgdca

My sister wants to take admission into the Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA) at Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University so will you please tell me when will be the admission are going to be started? Tell me from where I can download the admission form and where I have to submit it? Will you please provide me the contact address of the registrar office for admission into the Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application (PGDCA) at Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University?
Similar Threads
Thread
PRSU PGDCA Syllabus
PRSU PGDCA Exam Result
Prsu tt
PRSU B.Sc Result
PRSU Online From
PRSU BDS Results
PRSU More
Syllabus PGDCA PRSU
BSc Results PRSU
B Com Results PRSU
PRSU Ac
PGDCA Time Table PRSU
PRSU DCA Course
PRSU ac Aboutus about PRSU
Prsu ugc
Prsu mba
MSW In PRSU
PRSU Notes
PGDCA Fees in PRSU
Prsu net
27th February 2016, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Prsu pgdca

Hi I would like to have a brief syllabus for the post geaduate diploma in computer application at Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University?
27th February 2016, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Prsu pgdca

The S.o.S. in Computer Science & IT Department is conducting Master of Computer Applications (MCA) three years full time program and two years Master of Science in Information Technology (M.Sc.IT), apart from this the department also conducts 1 year M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses. The Department is also conducting research facilities and presently research scholars are working in the area of Parallel Computing and Computer Networking. Department is also maintaining RSU-Campus Area Networking.

Syllabus for the PGDCA course offered by PT. Ravishankar shukla university

FIRST SEMESTER
PGDCA-101 : Introduction to software organization.
PGDCA-102 : Programming in “C” & “C++”.
PGDCA-103 : DBMS (SQL/Oracle).
PGDCA-104 : Practical based on PGDCA-103 & Office Automation.
PGDCA-105 : Practical based on PGDCA-102.

Second Semester : PGDCA-106 : GUI - Programming in Visual Basic.
PGDCA-107: Programming in Java.
PGDCA-108: Electives 1. Essential of E -Commerce .
PGDCA-109: Practicals based on PGDCA106 & PGDCA107
PGDCA-110: Project
PGDCA-106
GUI - PROGRAMMING IN VISUAL BASIC

Detailed syllabus :
1st year :
INTRODUCTION TO SOFTWARE ORGANISATION

1. Introduction to Computers
Computers – Introduction, Computer System Characteristics, Strength and Limitations of Computer, Development of Computers, Types of Computers, Generations of Computers.

Introduction to Personnel Computers – Uses of PC’s, Components of PC’s, Evolution of PC’s, Developments of Processors, Architecture of Pentium IV, Configuration of PC’s; Input Device; Output Devices.

2. Computer Organization
Central Processing Unit – Arithmetic Logic Unit, Control Unit, Registers, Instruction Set, Processor speed.
Storage Devices – Storage and its need, Storage Evaluation Units, Primary Storage, Secondary Storage, Data Storage and Retrieval Systems, SIMM, DIMM, Types of Storage Devices.

3. Computer Software
Basics of Software – needs of Software, Types of Software; Free Domain Software; Open Source Software; Compiler, Interpreter and Assembler; Linker and Loader; Debugger; Integrated Development Environment;
Operating System – Introduction, Uses of OS, Functions of OS, Booting process, Types of Reboot, Booting from different OS, Types of OS, DOS, Windows, Linux.

Programming Languages – Introduction, Comparison between Human and Computer Language; Program; Data, Information and Knowledge; Characteristics of Information; Types of Programming Languages; Generations of Languages; Program Development Steps; Programming Paradigms; Object-Oriented Programming; Structured Programming, Functional Programming, Process Oriented Programming.

Address:

Head of Department
School of Studies in Computer Science & IT
Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University
Amanaka G.E.Road Raipur(CG)India - 492010
Fax No. 0771-2262583(Conf.)
Fax No. 0771-2262818(Registrar)
20th May 2018, 10:26 AM
Unregistered

I want to do PGDCA program in Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University PTRSU Raipur so can you provide me the details of the program?
20th May 2018, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

The Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University PTRSU Raipur offers Post Graduate Diploma In Computer Application PGDCA program of duration 1 year.

PGDCA program

Duration 1 year

Eligibility-

Candidates must have graduation degree in any discipline from recognised University.

Course structure-

First Semester

PGDCA-101 : Introduction to software organization

PGDCA-102 : Programming in C

PGDCA-103 : Office Automation & Tally

PGDCA-104 : Practical based on PGDCA-103.

PGDCA-105 : Practical based on PGDCA-102.

Syllabus-

INTRODUCTION TO SOFTWARE ORGANISATION

UNIT I : Introduction to Computers
Computers Introduction, Computer System Characteristics, Strength and Limitations of Computer,
Development of Computers, Types of Computers, Generations of Computers.
Introduction to Personnel Computers Uses of PCs, Components of PCs, Evolution of PCs,
Developments of Processors, Architecture of Pentium IV, Configuration of PCs; Input Device; Output
Devices.

UNIT II : Computer Organization
Central Processing Unit Arithmetic Logic Unit, Control Unit, Registers, Instruction Set, Processor
speed. Storage Devices Storage and its need, Storage Evaluation Units, Primary Storage, Secondary
Storage, Data Storage and Retrieval Systems, SIMM, DIMM, Types of Storage Devices.

UNIT III : Computer Software
Basics of Software needs of Software, Types of Software; Free Domain Software; Open Source
Software; Compiler, Interpreter and Assembler; Linker and Loader; Debugger; Integrated
Development Environment; Operating System Introduction, Uses of OS, Functions of OS, Booting
process, Types of Reboot, Booting from different OS, Types of OS, DOS, Windows, Linux.

UNIT IV : Programming Languages Introduction, Comparison between Human and Computer
Language; Program; Data, Information and Knowledge; Characteristics of Information; Types of
Programming Languages; Generations of Languages; Program Development Steps; Programming
Paradigms; Object-Oriented Programming; Structured Programming, Functional Programming,
Process Oriented Programming.

UNIT V : Communication, Networks and Internet
Communication Introduction, Communication process, Communication Types, Communication
Protocols, Communication Channels/Media. Networks Introduction; Types of Network; Topology;
Media - NIC, NOS, Bridges, HUB, Routers, Gateways. Internet Introduction, Growth of Internet,
Owner of Internet, Internet Service Provider, Anatomy of Internet, ARPANET and Internet History of
World Wide Web, Services Available on Internet - File Transfer Protocol, Gopher, E-mail, Telnet,
Newsgroups, WWW, Applications of Internet.

Books Recommended

1. Using IT : Williams T M Hill
2. Essentials of Information Technology : A. Mansoor, Prgya Publications
3. IT : Curtin T M Hill
4. Fundamental of Information Technology : Chetan Shrivastava_Kalyani Publishers
5. Computer Fundamentals : P.K Sinha BPB Pubications
6. Fundamental of Computer : V.Rajaraman
7. Computer today : Sanders D.H

For complete syllabus here is the attachment

Contact-

Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University
G.E.Road, Amanaka, Raipur, Chhattisgarh 492010
077122 62540
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PTRSU PGDCA syllabus.pdf (134.7 KB, 101 views)

Last edited by sumit; 13th December 2019 at 05:46 PM.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in