2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th April 2016, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Promotion in Indian Engineering Services

Indian Engineering Services abbreviated are the civil services that meet the technical and managerial functions of the Government of India.

As you asking I am telling Indian Engineering Services officers get promotion & salary increment according to Session Budget & Govt. norms.

Normally after the recruitment, the promotion is given in about six months for a while. Later on, the duration is raised to about an year,when the person receives a promotion in his post.

In some dept. even exams are conducted for promotion followed by interview.

Its officers are selected by the union government on the recommendations made by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) by combined four-stage competitive examination (comprising six tests), called the Engineering Services Examination (ESE) is conducted by the UPSC for recruitment to the Indian Engineering Services:

Exam pattern

Indian Engineering Services exam contains 5 papers (3 objective papers of 2 hours duration each + 2 descriptive papers of 3 hours duration each), out of which one objective paper with General Studies, 2more objective papers with Engineering and 2 descriptive papers with Engineering.

a. First day: General Studies + General English complete objective paper, for 200 marks

b. Second day: Paper I for 200 marks and Paper II for 200 marks of Objective type technical.

c. Third day: Paper I for 200 marks and Paper II for 200 marks of Descriptive type.

d. Personal Interview round contains another 200 marks.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in