2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th April 2016, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Re: PGCET Eligibility for M Tech

Karnataka Examination Authority conducts Post Graduate Common Entrance Test (PGCET) for admissions to MBA, MCA and M.E. / M.Tech / M.Arch courses.

Karnataka PGCET is an OMR paper-pen based common entrance exam directed by Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) for admission to first semester of first year full-time and part-time academic courses of study in M.E /M.Tech/ M.Arch in government, university/ private-aided /private un-aided professional educational institutions in the state of Karnataka.

It is important for both Karnataka and Non-Karnataka state candidate’s intent of admission to courses in M.E /M.Tech/ M.Arch in colleges in Karnataka.

Karnataka PGCET Eligibility:-

(i) For Full Time M.Tech Course

A candidate with valid GATE score

One who has passed qualifying exam or equivalent exam as prescribed by the Competent Authority and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects of all the years / semesters of the Degree Exam is eligible for admission to M.E. / M.Tech / M.Arch courses (45% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category-I candidates. (Reservation is applicable only for Karnataka Candidates)

(ii) For Part M.Tech courses:

A candidate who has passed prescribed qualifying exam or equivalent exam as prescribed by the Competent Authority and obtained an aggregate minimum of 50% marks taken together in all the subjects of all the years / semesters of the Degree Exam is eligible for admission to M.E. / M.Tech / M.Arch courses (45% of marks in Q. E. in case of SC, ST and Category-I Karnataka candidates) (Reservation is applicable only for Karnataka Candidates)

In addition to this, one after obtaining the complete degree, must have worked for not less than three years in an establishment and must be working in an organization situated within a radial distance of 40 km from the institution in which the candidate seeks admission.

However, the employer has to fill up the NOC duly signed by the competent authority

(iii) Admission to the Part Time M.Tech Quality Improvement Programme (QIP) is open to regular faculty working in institutions in Karnataka state.

i) Who have passed B.E. / B.Tech Exam (in relevant field) of VTU or any other recognized University / Institution and have passed the qualifying exam in second class (50% aggregate) (No relaxation in minimum percentage will be given for these admissions)

ii) Having experience of one academic year, and

iii) Working place is within 100 kms from the institutions where they seek admission. Not only a candidate who has passed the qualifying exam with requisite marks but also a candidate who is appearing for the Q. E. and expecting the results is eligible to apply.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in