2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

24th January 2013, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Operations Research Exams

I am here by providing you the PDF that contain the Midterm Exam Key Math 428: Operations Research.

In this exam each problem is worth 20 points for a total of 100 points. Work problem 1 and any four of the remaining
Five problems.

Please feel free to download the PDF
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Operations Research Exams.pdf (102.1 KB, 228 views)
26th May 2015, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

Can you provide me the question paper of Operations Research of University of Iowa as I need it for preparation?
26th May 2015, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator

Below I am providing you some questions of from question paper of Operations Research of University of Iowa;

Part I: True(+) or False(o)?
#1-#10 refer to the “symmetic” primal/dual pair of LPs:

____ 1. If ˆx is feasible in problem P above and ˆy is feasible in problem D, then ˆ ˆ cx by ≤ .
____ 2. If problem P is infeasible, then problem D must be infeasible also.
____ 3. If problem P has an unbounded feasible region, then problem D must be infeasible.
____ 4. If the nonnegativity restriction in problem P is removed, then its dual is unchanged except that
the inequality ATy ≥c is replaced with ATy=c.
____ 5. A point in the interior of problem P’s feasible region must be nonbasic.
____ 6. Replacing x≥0 with x≤0 in problem P will have the effect of replacing y≥0 with y≤0 in its dual
LP.
____ 7. If problem P has an unbounded objective function, then the dual problem D must have a
degenerate optimal solution.
____ 8. If the revised simplex method is applied to problem P, and π is the final simplex multiplier
vector, then π is the optimal solution of D.
____ 9.Increasing bi in problem P above cannot improve the optimal value of the objective function cx.
____ 10. The dual variable for row i of problem P gives the rate of change of the optimal value of P as
bi increases.
____ 11. If supplies and demands of a transportation problem are all integers, then there exists an
optimal solution with all shipments equal to integers.
____ 12. If # rows of an assignment problem is less than # columns, then enough “dummy” rows must
be appended to make the cost matrix square.
____ 13. If a transportation problem is not balanced, it may be made so by adding either a single
dummy row or a single dummy column (but not both).
____ 14. If “Float” of an activity in a project schedule is positive, then its “Slack” must be zero.
____ 15. When a variable Xij enters the basis of a transportation problem, then the variable which
leaves the basis is in either row i or column j.
____ 16. Two activities on the critical path of a project may be in progress simultaneously.
____ 17. Substitution rates are computed in the RSM by multiplying the basis inverse matrix times a
column in the original matrix A.
____ 18. If two or more activities of a project have no predecessor, then a dummy activity must be
created in the AoA project network.
____ 19. The critical path in a project network is the longest path from a specified source node
(beginning of project) to a specified destination node (end of project).

Operations Research Exams Question Paper

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in