2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th August 2014, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator

Re: NTPC Recruitment Eligibility for B.E.(I.T.) graduates

Here I am giving you information about required eligibility to apply for Graduate Engineer recruitment in National Thermal Power Corporation after passing B tech information technology .

Graduate engineer post :
You have to passed a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/ Technology in respective subjects from a recognized University
You must obtained a minimum of 65% marks in aggregate in engineering degree .. Candidates belonging to SC/ ST category require 55% marks in qualifying exam..

Age limit :
Upper age limit for application is 27 years.

Eligible candidates will have to appear for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) and have to pass GATE entrance examination with good scores ..

Selection process :
GATE exam
Group Discussion
Personal Interview

Exam syllabus :
Discipline: Control and Instrumentation:
Basics of Circuits and Measurement Systems: Kirchoff’s laws, mesh and nodal Analysis. Circuit theorems. One-port and two-port Network Functions. Static and dynamic characteristics of Measurement Systems. Error and uncertainty analysis.

Statistical analysis of data and curve fitting.
Transducers, Mechanical Measurement and Industrial Instrumentation: Resistive, Capacitive, Inductive and piezoelectric transducers and their signal conditioning. Measurement of displacement, velocity and acceleration (translational and rotational), force, vibration and shock. Measurement of pressure, flow, temperature and liquid level. Measurement of pH, conductivity, humidity, hydrazine, silica, dissolved O2. Units and standards of measurement.

Analog Electronics: Characteristics of diode, BJT, JFET and MOSFET. Diode circuits. Transistors at low and high frequencies, Amplifiers, single and multi-stage. Feedback amplifiers. Operational amplifiers, characteristics and circuit configurations. Instrumentation amplifier. Precision rectifier. V-to-I and I-to-V converter. Op-Amp based active filters. Oscillators and signal generators. Voltage stabiliser and regulator circuits. Inverter and converter circuits.

Digital Electronics: Combinational logic circuits, minimization of Boolean functions. IC families, TTL, MOS and CMOS. Arithmetic circuits. Comparators, Schmitt trigger, timers and mono-stable multi-vibrator. Sequential circuits, flip-flops, counters, shift registers. Multiplexer, S/H circuit. Analog-to-Digital and Digital-to-Analog converters. Basics of number system. Microprocessor applications, memory and input-output interfacing. Microcontrollers.

Signals & Systems: Definitions and properties of Laplace transform, continuous-time and discrete-time Fourier series, continuous-time and discrete-time Fourier Transform, DFT and FFT, z-transform. Sampling theorem. Linear Time-Invariant (LTI) Systems: definitions and properties; causality, stability, impulse response, convolution, poles and zeros, parallel and cascade structure, frequency response, group delay, phase delay. Signal transmission through LTI systems.

Communications: Random signals and noise: probability, random variables, probability density function, autocorrelation, power spectral density. Analog

communication systems: amplitude and angle modulation and demodulation systems, spectral analysis of these operations, superheterodyne receivers; elements of hardware, realizations of analog communication systems; signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) calculations for amplitude modulation (AM) and frequency modulation (FM) for low noise conditions. Fundamentals of information theory and channel capacity theorem. Digital communication systems: pulse code modulation (PCM), differential pulse code modulation (DPCM), digital modulation schemes: amplitude, phase and frequency shift keying schemes (ASK, PSK, FSK), matched filter receivers, bandwidth consideration and probability of error calculations for these schemes. Basics of TDMA, FDMA and CDMA and GSM. Basic Network topology and Net work hard wares. LAN / WAN configurations. UTP and OFC Links and components. Serial and parallel communication, Shielding and grounding. IEEE standards and broadband.
Electrical & Electronic Measurements: Bridges and potentiometers, measurement of R,L and C. Measurements of voltage, current, power, power factor and energy. A.C & D.C current probes. Extension of instrument ranges. Q-meter and waveform analyzer. Digital voltmeter and multi-meter. Time, phase and frequency measurements. Cathode ray oscilloscope. Instrument Transformer.
Control Systems and Process Control: Feedback principles. Signal flow graphs. Transient Response, steady-state-errors. Routh and Nyquist criteria. Bode plot, root loci. Time delay systems. Phase and gain margin. State space representation of systems. Mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic system components. Synchro pair, servo and step motors. On-off, cascade, P, P-I, P-I-D, feed forward and derivative controller, Fuzzy controllers. Multi-state variable and Adaptative controls. System modeling, Digital controls, Distributed digital controls, control loops based on computers.
Analytical, Optical and Biomedical Instrumentation: Mass spectrometry. UV, visible and IR spectrometry. X-ray and nuclear radiation measurements. Optical sources and detectors, LED, laser, Photo-diode, photo-resistor and their characteristics. Interferometers, applications in metrology.
4th December 2015, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I am Leo and I have heard that NTPC has released a recruitment for Graduate Engineer Posts as I also want to apply for that so please tell me what is the eligibility required for this???
4th December 2015, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) Limited has published a notification for the recruitment of Graduate Engineer vacancies through GATE 2016.

Here I am providing you details of this to you:

1. Electrical
2. Mechanical
3. Electronics
4. Instrumentation
5. Civil
6. Computer Science & Information Technology

Educational Qualification:

Candidates should possess Engineering in relevant disciplines.

Selection Process:

Candidates will be selected based on
GATE Score
Group discussion
Interview

Important Dates:

Starting Date to Apply Online for NTPC Application: 05-01-2016
Closing Date to Apply Online for NTPC Application: 29-01-2016

Here I am attaching the advertisement notification of Recruitment:

(Screen shot)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in