2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th December 2014, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Re: NIOS 12th Question Paper

As you want to get NIOS 12th English question paper, so here I am giving you some questions of that paper:

Do as directed
i) I’ am going away tomorrow, mother’, he said (change into indirect)
ii) Who put salt in my coffee?’ He thundered. (change into indirect) 2
iii) People didn’t build Rome in a day. (change in to passive) 1

Write a paragraph of about 100 words on any one of the following: - 6
i) A day spent alone about with your grand –mother.
ii) A handicapped beggar standing at a crossing.
iii) The description of your lost scooter to the local police station.

On the basis of your reading of the passage given below make notes on it using heading and sub.-
headings. Also, use recognizable abbreviations wherever necessary. (6)
The work of the heart can never be interrupted. The heart’s job is to keep oxygen – rich blood
flowing through the body. All the body’s cells need a constant supply of oxygen, especially those
in the brain. The brain cells live only four to five minutes after their oxygen is cut off, and death
comes to the entire body.
The heart is a specialized muscle that services as a pump. This pump is divided into four chambers
connected by tiny doors called valves. The chambers work to keep the blood flowing round the
body in a circle.
Hearty diseases can result from damage to the heart muscle, the valves or the pacemaker. If the
muscle is damaged, the heart is unable to pump properly. If the valves are damaged, blood cannot
flow normally and easily form one chamber to another, and if the pacemaker is defective, the
contractions of the chambers will become will un – co-ordinated.
Until the twentieth century, few doctors dared to touch to touch the heart. In 1953, all this
changed. After twenty years of work, Dr. John Gibbon of USA had developed a machine that could
take over temporarily from the heart and lungs. Blood could be routed through the machine,
bypassing the heart so that surgeons could work inside it and see what they were doing. The era of
open heart surgery had begun.

For full question paper here I am attaching a PDF file:

NIOS 12th English question paper

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in