2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st October 2014, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Class 12th Solved question paper

You need CBSE 12th English Solved model question paper, I am giving here:

1. a. (i). Parents and teachers want children to learn values like hard work, contentment, honesty and com
passion.
(ii) The results of giving the children too much too soon is that they grow up to be adults who have
difficulty coping with life’s disappointments. They also have distorted sense of entitlement that gets in
the way of success in the workplace and in relationships.
(iii). Today’s children want much more, partly because there is so much more to want. They think of
MP3 players and flat-screen TVs as essential utilities, and they have developed strategies to get them.
(iv). The parents in today’s world need to find a balance which is the advantage of an affluent society
and the critical life lessons that come from waiting, saving and working hard to achieve goals.
(v). It is necessary to set limits for children on their behaviour because they feel better and more secure
when they live within a secured structure.
b. (i). contentment
(ii). precious
(iii). essential

2. Title : Childhood recollections
a. 1. As a child
(a) gen. happy
(b) enjoyed carefree time
(c) deeply frighten’d
(i) darkness
(ii) getting lost

2. Childhood fears
(a) things looked & sounded strange in room
(i) clothes hung on chair app. as unknown beasts
(ii) curtains moved without breeze
(iii) creak in floor sounded louder
(iv) lie still to avoid enemy discover
(b) get lost on the way home from school
(c) scan bus for faces of friends & bus driver
(d) never did adventurous activities

3. Feeling neglected
(a) fear of not being liked or accepted by others
(b) shy
(c) worried about looks
(i) too fat
(ii) wore braces
(d) argue mother for choice of shoes
(e) wanted to be popular. Feared not bein’ liked

20th November 2014, 08:51 AM
Unregistered

Class 12th Solved Question paper

Would you like to provide here CBSE 12th English exam model question paper???
20th November 2014, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Class 12th Solved Question paper

You are looking for CBSE 12th English exam model question paper, I am giving here:
CBSE Class 12th English Paper
SECTION A : READING
Q 1.Read the following passage carefully and answer the questions that follow: 12 Mks
1. From the moment a baby first opens its eyes, it is learning. Sight and sensation spark of
a learning process which will determine in large measure the sort of person it will become.
Language stands head and shoulders over all other tools as an instrument of learning. It is
language that gives man his lead in intelligence over all other creatures. No other creature
can assemble a list of ideas, consider them, draw conclusions and then explain his
reasoning. Man can do all this because he possesses language. And if thought depends on
language, clearly the quality of an individual's thought will depend on that person's
language-rudimentary or sophisticated, precise or approximate, stereotyped or original.
2. Very young babies are soothed by human voice uttering comforting words close to
them. This essentially emotional response provides early evidence that feeling is an
important component of language learning. Children learn to use language in interaction
with other human beings and this learning precedes best against a background of
affectionate feedback from the person who is closest to them. This is seen to perfection in
the interaction between parent and baby : eyes locked together, the adult almost
physically drawing 'verbal' response from the baby, both engulfed by that unique
experience of intimate and joyful 'connecting' which sets the pattern of relationships
between two people.
3. Thus, long before they can speak, children are involved in a two-way process of
communication which is steadily building a foundation on which their later use of
language will be based. Constantly surrounded by language, they are unconsciously
building structures in their minds into which their speech and reading will later fitgrammatical
constructions, tense sequences and so on. The forms of these structures will
depend on the amount and complexity of speech they hear. The fortunate children are
those who listen to articulate adults expressing ideas and defending opinions. They will
know, long before they can contribute themselves, that relationships are forged through
this process of speaking and listening; that warmth and humour have a place in the
process, as have all other human emotions.
4. Using books is the most important means of ensuring a child's adequate language
development. None of us can endlessly initiate and maintain speech with very small
children; we run out of ideas or just get plain sick of it. Their lives are limited and the
experience just isn't there to provide the raw material for constant verbal interaction,
without inevitable boredom on the child's part and desperation on the adult's...
5. Parents and children who share books share the same frame of reference. Incidents in
everyday life constantly remind one or the other of a situation, a character, an action, from
a jointly enjoyed book, with all the generation of warmth and well-being that is attendant
upon such sharing. All too often, there is a breakdown of communication between parents
and children when the problems of adolescence arise. In most cases this is most acute
when the give-and-take of shared opinion and ideas has not been constantly practised
throughout childhood. Books can play a major part in the establishment of this verbal
give-and-take, because they are rooted in language.
6. Young children's understanding greatly outruns their capacity for expression as their
speech strains to encompass their awareness, to represent reality as they see it. Shades of
meaning which may be quite unavailable to the child of limited verbal experience are
startlingly talked to toddler. All the wonderful modifying words-later, nearly, tomorrow,
almost, wait, half, lend , begin to steer the child away from the simple extremes of "Yes"
and "No" towards the adult words of compromise; from the child's black and white world
to the subtle shades and tints of the real world. The range of imaginative experience
opened up by books expands the inevitably limited horizons of children's surroundings
and allow them to make joyful, intrigued, awestruck acquaintance with countless people,
animals, objects and ideas in their first years of life, to their incalculable advantage.
7. Books also help children to see things from others’ points of view besides their own as
they unconsciously put themselves into other people's places- 'if that could happen to him,
it could happen to me.' This imaginative self-awareness brings apprehensions and fears as
well as heightened hopes and joys.
8. In books children can experience language which is subtle, resourceful, exhilarating and
harmonious; languages which provides the human ear (and understanding) with a pointed
and precise pleasure, the searing illuminating impact of good and true words.
(Adapted from Babies Need Books by Dorothy Butler)
1.1 (1) List two things that a baby can do from the moment that it is born that enables it to
learn about the world around it. (I mk)
(2) How does the range of language affect a person's thinking? (1mk)
(3) What advantages do children have who listen to articulate adults enjoy in comparison
with the others? (2mks)
(4) Why ,according to the writer, is talking alone an inadequate base for language development?
(1mk)
(5) What is the role of books in maintaining good relationships? Explain. (2 Marks)
(6) Pick out two other advantages of books mentioned in the passage. (2 Marks)
(7) Find words from the passage that mean : 3 Marks
(a) cause to conform to a type (para 1)
(b) familiarity or knowledge of a person or a thing(para 7)
(c) full of excitement or joy (para 8)
Read the following passage and answer the questions that follow : 8 marks
1. How often do we exclaim : "That was a mistake!" That bewildered expression of regret
and panic gets replayed through life. Some mistakes we forget, others we don't. The
mistakes can be as mundane as forgetting to turn the geyser off or to pick up your passport
from the airport counter.
2. Absent mindedness, preoccupation, distraction, carelessness, nervousness, there are
umpteen excuses to justify mistakes. However major decisions like relocations of home or
an unwarranted resignation letter can cause much trouble and upheaval and lead to regrets
that leave you sad and depressed. Some mistakes are irreversible - then is there room for
hope?
3. In fact, there are no mistakes, only experiences. There are no problems, only challenges.
Every experience teaches us something in life. Every mistake inspires retrospection and
introspection. The experience is humbling and it makes us wiser. That is, every mistake is
regarded as an experience and not as a source of self-pity or self-condemnation. Many
times people are unable to reconcile with the change grooved in the blame culture and
rooted in the past, they have to realise the life time benefits they receive from changes.
4. Nature abounds in examples of flexibility and relocation in the case of birds and beasts.
Scientific research in the behaviour of birds has confirmed this. Birds, animals and even
nomads, travel miles and miles in search of better food, congenial climate and safety.
These relocations may cause some amount of stress, no doubt, but they are the source of
survival: helping to group bonding and cooperation; and to explore the beauty of new
space and better environment.
5. "To the weak, problems are stumbling blocks, to the brave, they are stepping stones."An
untimely resignation and or termination letter is certainly traumatic and disturbing. But
think of possibilities it can throw open for you. A young man felt disappointed when he
failed an interview for a corporate job. At that point of time, he left dejected. Today,
looking back he says, "It was a blessing in disguise. I would have never reached this far."
Some mistakes bring in a very important message. "Believe and achieve! And in order to
do so, faith is essential. It is the triple faith that men need today - faith in oneself, faith in
the world around us, and above all faith in God!”
(A) On the basis of your reading of the above passage, make notes using headings and
subheading. Also use recognisable abbreviations, wherever necessary (Minimum 4).
Supply a suitable title. 5 Marks
(b) Write a summary of the passage in about 80-100 words 3 Marks
SECTION B: ADVANCED WRITING SKILLS
3. You are Suman /Suma of 33/244,M.M.road,Mysore. You want to sell off your old desk
top computer as you have purchased a new one. Draft an advertisement to be published in
the Times of India under classified columns giving its details & the expected price. ( 50
words) 5 Mks
OR
You are Anoop/Anagha, School Captain of Vidya Vikas Vidyalaya. You have decided to
celebrate "The Grand Parents Day" in the school. Draft a formal invitation to be sent to
the grandparents of students of your school giving details of the programme, day, date,
time etc. (50 words) 5 Mks
4. You are Abhishek/Arya. You were a member of your School Quiz Team which won the
Heritage Quiz Contest at the National level. The Heritage Centre organized a national
level inter school Quiz Contest at Jaipur. Draft a report on the event in about 100-125
words to be published in school magazine. 10 Mks
OR
You are Saran/Saranya, a Senior Consultant (Child Education) in Jaideep School Management
and Trust. You organised a seminar on Right toEducation Act for teachers and
students. You invited eminent educationists and sociologists to talk on the topic of right to
free and compulsory education to children in the age range of 6-14 years, problems and
implications. Write a report in about 125 words on it for Trust’s Magazine. 10 Mks
5. You are Rajesh/Rupa, Secretary of Eco Club of Santa Maria Public School,
Trivandrum. As a team leader of the Eco Club, you have come to know that Trivandrum is
becoming the top garbage producer of the State and it is facing a tough task of disposing it
off. Write a letter to the Minister of Health, Government of Kerala on this problem
suggesting ways to tackle it. 10 Mks
OR
You are Rashi / Rashid of A 25/ B12, Bank Road, Chennai. Last Month, you bought a
Sony Bravo LCD T.V. from Devi Electronics, Tambaram. Now the T.V. is not working
properly. Write a letter to the dealer asking him to replace it immediately. 10 Mks
6. You are Vinod/ Veena, a student of Class XII of SGMS School,Cochin. While watching
many reality shows on T.V. You felt that they are harmful for children. Write an article on
the negative impact of reality shows on children.( 150–200 words) 10 Mks
OR
You were shocked to know that fact that India has the largest no. of child workers in the
world. As Arun/Anju, write an article for your School Magazine titled ‘Child Labour - A
Curse on Childhood (150-200 words). 10 Mks
SECTION C: TEXT BOOKS
7. Read the extract given below and answer the questions that follow: 3 Mks
What I want should not be confused
With total inactivity.
Life is what it is about:
I want no truck with death.
(i) What is it that should not be confused with total inactivity? (1)
(ii) With whom does the poet not want to deal with? (1)
(iii)Explain, ”no truck with death” (1)
OR
Aunt Jennifer’s tigers prance across a screen.
Bright topaz denizens of a world of green.
They do not fear the men beneath the tree
They pace in sleek chivalric certainty.
(i) Where do the tigers appear? What are they doing? ( 1)
(ii) Explain ‘Bright topaz denizens of a world of green’? (1)
(iii) Name the two qualities of the tiger as shown in the extract. (1)
8. Answer any THREE of the following in about 30-40 words: 2x3 6 Mks
(i) What is the poet’s familiar ache and why does it return?
(ii) What does the map on the wall signify?
(iii)Why do the cars stop at the roadside stand? Mention any two reasons.
(iv) What is the central idea of the poem’A Thing of Beauty’?
9. Answer any THREE of the following in about 30-40 words: 2x3 6 Mks
(i) Why was the Gemini studio known as a breeding ground of national integration?
(ii) Give any 2 reasons for the presence of villagers in the classroom on the day of the
last lesson?
(iii)What secret does Umberto Eco reveal about his time management?
(iv) Why does the hole in the shoe not bother Saheb?
10. “If we surrender to our fears, they overpower us; if we face them, they fade away. Do
you agree? Why/ Why not? Discuss with reference to the lesson “Deep Water.” 10 Mks
OR
Man is a social animal. He can survive but not live in isolation”. Do you agree? Justify
your answer with reference to the lesson ’The Rat Trap’. 10 mks
11. I remember Geoff saying he would never come, and how none of them believed
me when I told them. I wonder what will I do, what can I tell them now if he doesn’t
come? But we know how it was, Danny and me — that’s the main thing. How can
you help what people choose to believe?
After reading these lines in the lesson ’Going Places’ you feel pity for Sophie, the
protagonist of the story, for her inability to understand that her meeting with Danny
Casey was only a figment of her imagination and you decide to write an article for the
school magazine on the topic ’Hero worshipping and fantasizing among teenagers’.
Write the article in about 100 words. 5 Mks
12. Explain: “Derry is a victim of his own complex.” How does a change come in his
thinking?(125-150 words) 7 Mks
OR
The story ‘The Tiger King’ is a satire on the conceit of those in power. How does the
author employ the literary device of dramatic irony in the story? (125-150 words) 7 Mks
13. Answer the following in about 30-40 words each: 2x4 8 Mks
(i) What do you infer from Sam’s letter to Charley?
(ii) Why did people doubt Evans’s sincerity towards taking the ‘O’level examination?
(iii) How was Bama influenced by the words of her brother, Annan?
(iv) How does Jo want the story to end and why?
14th April 2015, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

Class 12th Solved Question paper

hello sir my sister has preparing study of 12th class Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) Board exam so please provide me Class 12th Solved Question paper. it is very urgent
28th December 2020, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

Re: Class 12th Solved question paper

Would you like to provide here CBSE 12th English exam solved
model question paper???
17th February 2021, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

Re: Class 12th Solved Question paper

please iska solved wala bhi do

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in