2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

28th November 2014, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

Re: NET and SET exams dates

Hi, as you want to know the dates of NET and SET exams so here I am providing you

NET exam -

The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will be conducting the National Eligibility Test (NET) on December 28, 2014 (Sunday), on behalf of the University Grants Commission.

NET exam Important Dates -

Online Form Submission
15th October, 2014 to 15th November, 2014

Last date for Applying Online & generation of filled Bank Challan for Fee. 15th November, 2014

Last date of submission of Fee through online generated Bank Challan, at any branch of (SYNDICATE/CANARA/ICICI BANK)
18th November, 2014

Last date of taking printout of Application Form, Attendance Slip and Admit Card from website
19th November, 2014

Last date for receiving the printout of online Application Form (one copy) and Attendance Slip (one copy) at the respective Coordinating Institution opted by the candidate (with fee receipt & category certificate(s)
25th November, 2014

NET exam Paper pattern:

The examination is made up of three papers. All the three question papers consist of only objective type questions and will be held on June 29, 2014 (Sunday) in two separate sessions as under:

First session:

Paper I (100 marks): The exam will consist of 60 out of which 50 question have to be attempted. The exam will be held for one hour 15 minutes (09.30 am to 10.45 am)

The exam shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate. The question paper is designed to test the reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.

Each question will carry a weightage of two marks each, out of which the candidate would be required to answer any 50. In case the candidate attempts more than 50 questions, the first 50 questions attempted by the candidate will be evaluated.

Paper II (100 marks): The exam will consist of 50 questions of which all are compulsory. The exam will be held for one hour 15 minutes (10.45 am to 12.00 noon)

The question paper will consist of 50 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.

Second session:

Paper III (150 marks): The exam will consist of 75 questions of which all are compulsory. The exam will be held for two hour 30 minutes (01.30 pm to 4.00 pm).

The question paper will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry 2 marks.

SET Exam-

State Eligibility Test (SET) is an aptitude test for those students who wish to join the teaching field.
The exam is conducted in every Indian state under the guidance of University Grants Commission. SET is held in twice in a year i.e. in the month June and another in December.

SET exam Important Dates-

Submission of on-line applications
10.10.2014 to 08.11.2014

With late fee of Rs.100
09.11.2014 to 15.11.2014

With late fee of Rs.200
16.11.2014 to 20.11.2014

Date of Examination
04.01.2015 (Sunday) from 9.30 AM to 4.00 PM

Last Date for Submission of printed Online Application
24-11-2014 upto 5.00 PM.

SET exam Paper Pattern

There will be three papers i.e. Paper I, Paper II and Paper III.
In Paper I, there will be 60 multiple choice questions of which candidates have to answer any 50 questions.

The questions will be of basics nature, intended to judge the candidates’ abilities in different areas like reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness.

Paper II will have 50 multiple choice based questions based on the subject selected by the candidate.
Paper III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry two marks.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in