2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th September 2014, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Negative Marking for Wrong Answer in TNPSC Group II Exam

There is no negative marking in Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 2 exam.

The Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 2 exam has questions from following sections;

The Examination will be made in two stages.

One type of question paper will contain questions on
General Studies (75 items),
Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (25 items) and
General English (100 items)

The other will contain questions on

General Studies (75 items),
Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (25 items) and
General Tamil (100 items)

Candidates are given the option to choose either General Tamil or General English for answering the second 100 items apart from answering the first (75+25)100 items on General Studies

Paper Subject Total Marks
Paper-I General Studies and Mental Ability Test 150
Paper-II General Tamil/ English 150

29th July 2015, 10:22 PM
pandian

is there any negative markings in group1 2015
25th January 2016, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

Tell me is there any negative marking in TNPSC Group II-A exam for wrong Answer, please provide here???
19th October 2019, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

here I am looking for info related to Negative Marking for Wrong Answer in TNPSC Group II Exam , so will you plz let me know about the same here :
19th October 2019, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

As per me there is no negative marking for wrong answers in TNPSC Group II Exam. Candidates were given three hours to answer the questions. The test carries total 300 marks. As per official notification, the qualifying marks for preliminary exam is 90 which is common across all categories.

TNPSC Group 2 Exam Pattern Details: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) conducts Combined Civil Services Examination-II (Non-Interview Posts) (Group-II A Services). Scheme of Examination is as follows.

Scheme of Examination (Single Paper) (Objective Type) (Degree Standard):

Subject Duration Maximum Marks Minimum
Qualifying
marks for
selection for
all communities
(Single Paper) (Objective Type)
General Studies (Degree Standard)
(75 items)
Aptitude and Mental Ability Test
(S.S.L.C. Std.) (25 items)
+
General Tamil/ General English
(S.S.L.C. Std.) (100 items)
(Total 200 items) 3 Hours 150+150=300 90
Note:

1. Two types of question papers will be set. One type of question paper will contain questions on General Studies (75 items), Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (25 items) and General English (100 items).

The other will contain questions on General Studies (75 items), Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (25 items) and General Tamil (100 items).

Candidates have the option to choose either General Tamil or General English for answering the second 100 items apart from answering the first (75+25)100 items on General Studies.

2. The questions on General Studies will be set both in English and Tamil and the questions on General Tamil/ General English will be set in the respective languages.

3. Answer sheet answered in a subject other than the subject opted by the candidates in his application/ specified in the Hall Ticket will be invalidated.

4. Each one mark will be deducted for incorrect or absence of shading Register Number.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in