2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

11th December 2015, 04:26 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Nagpur University Study Material

Ok, as you need the Study Material of Physics subject of B.Sc of Nagpur University so here I am providing you the syllabus of it, I hope it will helps you in your studies

Unit I:
Elasticity- Introduction, Hooke’s law, Elastic constants (Y, K, η) and relation between them,
Poisson’s ratio, Elastic limit, Work done in stretching a wire, Bending of beam, Bending moment,
External and internal bending moment, Cantilever supported at one end and at both end, Torsional
pendulum, and Maxwell needle.

Unit II:
Viscosity- Streamline and turbulent flow, Coefficient of viscosity, Equation of continuity, Euler’s
equation, Bernoulli’s theorem and its applications (Lift of an Airplane, Atomizer) , Poiseuilli’s
formula, Reynolds number, Terminal velocity, Stokes law by the method of dimension, Variation of
viscosity with temperature.

Unit III:
Surface tension- Introduction, Angle of contact and wetting, Surface energy, Surface tension by
Jaeger’s, Quincke’s and Capillary rise methods.
Mechanics- Newton’s law of motion, motion in a plane, components of velocity and acceleration in
different coordinate system, Centripetal acceleration, Coriolis force and its applications.

Nagpur University B.Sc Physics Syllabus

For complete syllabus here is the PDF file
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nagpur University B.Sc Physics Syllabus.pdf (719.3 KB, 258 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in