2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

12th February 2016, 05:02 PM
Unregistered

Re: Nagaland University Semester Syllabus

Hello sir, I’m pursuing B.Sc from Nagaland University. From this university I want syllabus of computer science for 1st semester course of B.Sc. please provide me?
12th February 2016, 05:02 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Nagaland University Semester Syllabus

B.Sc at Nagaland University ha 3 year duration in various course subjects. Computer science is one the best subject of B.Sc program in its 1st semester and in all semesters computer is base subject.

Computer subject consist some topics and paper in B.Sc at Nagaland University:

I Computer Basics(Theory)
Computer Basics (Practical)
II
C Programming (Theory)
C Programming (Practical)
III
Data Structures using C (Theory)
Data Structures using C (Practical)

IV Database Management Systems (Theory)
Database Management Systems (Practical)

V Visual Basic (Theory)
Visual Basic (Practical)
VI
Web Technology(Theory)
Web Technology (Practical)

Syllabus:

SEMESTER I
COMP101:
Unit I: Computer Basics (Theory) Objective: The objective of this paper is to introduce basic computer concepts to the students and help them to acquire the knowledge for developing their hardware and software skills.

Unit-I: Introduction to computer Introduction to Computer:-Definition, Characteristics. Generation of Computers, Capabilities and Limitations.Introduction to Operating System.Concept of Bios, Booting Files.Basic Components of a Computer System-Control Unit, ALU, Input/output functions and characteristics. Memory Introduction, Classifications- Volatile Memory and Non- Volatile , Flash Memory, ROM, RAM, EPROM, PROM, EEPROM other types of memory.

Unit-II: Input and Output devices: Input, Output Units:-Computer Keyboard, Pointing Devices: Mouse, Trackball, Touch Panel, and Joystick, Light Pen, Scanners, Various types of Monitors, Touch-sensitive screens, Optical Recognition System, Pen based systems, Digitizers,MICR, OCR, OMR, Bar-code Reader, digitalcamera. Hard Copy Devices:- Impact and Non- Impact Printers- Daisy Wheel, Dot Matrix, Line Printer, Chain Printer, Comb Printers, Non Impact Printers- DeskJet, Laser Printer, Thermal Transfer Printer, Barcode Printers, Electro static printers and plotters.

Unit-III: Software Software and its different types- System Software,Application software.Hardware, Firmware, Compiler, Interpreter and Assembler.High Level Language and Low Level Language.

Unit IV: Windows Operating System: Operating system-Definition & functions, basics of Windows. Basic components of windows, icons, types of icons, taskbar, activating windows, using desktop, title bar, running applications, exploring computer, managing files and folders, copying and moving files and folders. Control panel – display properties, adding and removing software and hardware, setting date and time, screen saver and appearance. Using windows accessories

Unit-V- Disk Operating System Internal and External Commands,Difference between External and Internal Commands. Internal Commands:- MD, CD, RD, COPY CON, TYPE, DATE & TIME, VOLUME VERSION, REN, PROMPT, CLS, DIR/P/W, COPY , DEL Etc. External commands:-FORMAT , DISKCOPY, DISKCOMP, XCOPY, CHKDISK, SCANDISK, HELP, DEBUG, PRINT etc.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nagaland University Semester Syllabus.pdf (295.3 KB, 71 views)

Last edited by sumit; 9th December 2019 at 09:11 AM.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in