2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th June 2015, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

MS University B.Com Syllabus

Hey , my brother looking for get the syllabus of the B.Com course of the MS University will you please provide here the syllabus of the course ?

As you want here I am giving bellow MS University B.Com. Professional Accounting program syllabus on your demand:

Unit I:
Branch Accounting Debtors system Invoice price Method (excluding stock and
Debtors system) Departmental Accounts Departmental Trading, Profit and Loss
Accounts Departmental Transfers . (22 hours)

Unit II:
Contract Account Completed contracts and incomplete contracts Farm
Accounting. (15 hours)

Unit III:
Hire purchase and Installment system Calculation of Cash price and interest
Default and Repossession Difference between Hire purchase and Installment system.
(21 hours)

Unit IV:
Royalty Account Meaning Minimum rent Short working Type of
recoupment - strike and lock out. (14 hours)

Unit V:
Insolvency accounts Insolvency of an individual Statement of Affairs
Deficiency Account (18 hours)
(90 hours)

MS University B.Com. Professional Accounting program syllabus on your demand

Last edited by sumit; 9th February 2020 at 09:45 AM.
Similar Threads
Thread
LLB Syllabus HP University
Solapur University Syllabus BCA Syllabus BCA
MG University MBA Syllabus
RPSC II Grade Syllabus Teacher Syllabus
MBA Syllabus in SK University
MBA syllabus MKU university
BBA Syllabus MS University
Goa University Syllabus BSC
Syllabus of MCA in SRM University
MCA Syllabus of CMJ University
CCS University MBA Syllabus
SK university PG syllabus
FM University MBA Syllabus
HP University BA Syllabus
KL University EEE Syllabus
SRM University MSC IT Syllabus
SRM University Bds Syllabus
University B.Ed Syllabus
SRM University syllabus for MBA
Goa University Syllabus MCA
7th June 2015, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Re: MS University B.Com Syllabus

As you want I am here providing you syllabus of the B.Com course of the MS University.

Syllabus :
1st semester
Financial Accounting-I
Business Mathematics-I
Business Economics-I
Business Management –I
Business Communication
Basics of computers-I

2nd semester :

Financial Accounting –II
Business Mathematics-II
Business Economics-II
Business Management –II
Business Environment
Basics of computers-II Theory
Practical (Covering the Syllabi of 100 -- 100 Ist & IInd Semesters)

B.Com I First Semester w.e.f session 2014-15
Financial Accounting –I
Internal Assesment-20 Marks
Time: 3Hrs. Theory Paper Max Marks-80
Note: The Examiner shall set nine questions in all covering the whole syllabus. Question No.1 will be compulsory covering all the units and shall carry 8 small questions of 2 marks each. The rest of the eight questions will be set from all the four units. The examiner will set two questions from each unit out of which the candidate shall attempt four questions selecting one question from each unit. All the questions shall carry 16 marks each.

Important: The Examiner will set at least THREE numerical and THREE theoretical questions in the question paper.
Unit-I
Introduction: meaning, objectives, process, limitations and basic terms of Accounting; Generally accepted Accounting Principles; Journalizing, Posting and Preparation of trial balance.

Unit-II
Capital and revenue items; Reserves and Provisions; Depreciation: Meaning, causes, accounting procedure, methods of computing depreciation – straight line method and diminishing balance method, change of method.

Unit-III
Final Accounts with adjustments; Rectification of errors

Unit-IV
Accounting for non-profit organizations; Consignment accounts.

Suggested Readings:
1.Gupta R.L. and Radha Swami M., Financial Accounting, Sultan Chand and Sons., New Delhi.
2.Monga J.R., Ahuja Girish and Sehgal Ashok: Financial Accounting, Mayur Paper Back, Noida.
3.Shukla M.C., Grewal T.S. and Gupta S.C.; Advanced Accounts, S. Chand and Company, New Delhi.
4. Goel, D.K., Financial Accounting, Arya Publications, New Delhi

Business Mathematics-I

Note:- The Examiner shall set nine questions in all covering the whole syllabus. Question No.1 will be compulsory covering all the units and shall carry 8 small questions of 2 marks each. The rest of the eight questions will be set from all the four units. The examiner will set two questions from each unit out of which the candidate shall attempt four questions selecting one question from each unit. All the questions shall carry 16 marks each.

Important: The Examiner will set at least THREE numerical and THREE theoretical questions in the question paper. .

Unit-I
Indices and Logarithms; Theory of Sets: Meaning, elements, types, presentation and equality of Sets, Union, Intersection, Complement and Difference of Sets, Venn Diagram, Cartesian Product of two Sets, Applications of Set Theory.

Unit-II
Elementary idea of Permutations and Combinations.

Unit-III
Sequence and Series, A.P, G.P.

Unit-IV
Data interpretation- Introduction, approaches to data interpretation, tabulation, Bar graphs, Pie charts, Line graphs, Mix graphs

Suggested Readings:
Allen B.G.D: Basic Mathematics; Mcmillan, New Delhi.
Volra. N. D. Quantitative Techniques in Management, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi.
Kapoor V.K. Business Mathematics: Sultan chand and sons, Delhi.

Business Economics-I

Note:- The Examiner shall set nine questions in all covering the whole syllabus. Question No.1 will be compulsory covering all the units and shall carry 8 small questions of 2 marks each. The rest of the eight questions will be set from all the four units. The examiner will set two questions from each unit out of which the candidate shall attempt four questions selecting one question from each unit. All the questions shall carry 16 marks each.

Unit-I
Introduction: Basic problem of an economy: working of price mechanism, concept of Elasticity of demand; measurement, importance, determinants of elasticity of demand, Average revenue; marginal revenue and elasticity of demand and elasticity of supply

Unit-II
Production Function: Law of variable proportions; Isoquants; Economic regions and optimum factor combination; expansion path; returns to scale; Internal and external economies and diseconomies; Ridge lines; Theory of costs: concepts of cost; Short run and Long run cost curves- Traditional and Modern approaches.

Unit- III
Theory of consumer behaviour, utility and indifference curve analysis

Unit-IV
Market, classification and structure.

Suggested Readings:
1. Dr. Raj Kumar, Prof. Kuldeep Gupta, Business Economics, UDH Publishing and Distributors P(Ltd.), New Delhi.
2. R.K Lekhi, Business Economics, Kalyani Publishers.
3. V.G.Mankar, Business Economics, Himalaya Publishing House.
4.H.L.Ahuja, Business Economics, S. Chand and Company Ltd.

Business Management-I

Time: 3Hrs Theory Paper Max Marks-80

Unit-I
Business: concept, nature and spectrum of business activities, business system, business objectives.

Unit-II
Management: Introduction, concept, nature, process and significance; Development of Management Thought; Classical and Neo-Classical systems, Contingency approaches.

Unit-III
Planning: concept, types and process, Decision Making: concept and process, Management by Objectives, Corporate Planning and Strategic Formulation.

Unit-IV
Organizing: concept, nature, process and significance; Authority and Responsibility relationship; Centralization and Decentralization; Departmentation; Firms of Organizing structure.

Suggested Readings:
1. Druker. Peter F. Management Challenges for the 21st century; Butter worth Heinemann Oxford.
2. Weihrich and Koontz, O. Donnel: Essential of Management Tata Mc Graw Hill, New Delhi.
3. Parsad L. M., Principles and Practice of Management.: Sultan Chand and Sons.

Here is the attachment.

Address:
M.S.University Faculty of Commerce Main Building
Pratapgunj
Vadodara, Gujarat 390020

MAP:
[MAP]M.S.University Faculty of Commerce Main Building[/MAP]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf B.Com course syllabus -- MS University.pdf (180.1 KB, 1119 views)
12th November 2016, 10:44 AM
Unregistered

Please Can anybody provide me the old Syllabus for B.COM MSU.
24th September 2019, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

Hi buddy here I am looking for MS University B.Com. Professional Accounting program syllabus so will you plz let me know from where I can collect it , if you have then would you plz provide me same here ??
9th September 2020, 01:01 PM
SAKTHIVIGNESH.S

Human reasources management syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in