2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th October 2014, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

Re: MBA in Finance or Marketing or HR for BCA students

As per my knowledge for BCA candidates, MCA is the right option. But if you want to do MBA, it is not a bad option. You can take admission into the MBA.
You should go with your interest. If you are interested in MBA, then it’s very good. Because MBA offers good career prospects and high packages.

There are many streams available in the MBA course like:
Marketing Management
Logistics Management
International Business Management
Retail Management
Finance Management
Banking Management
Systems Management
IT Management
Pharmaceutical Management
Hospital Management
Textile Management
Petroleum Management
Entertainment Management,
Fashion Technology Management,
Media Management,
Supply chain Management etc.

As you said that your background is BCA, so in my opinion HR is the best option for you. Because Finance will be too hard for you and marketing is also good, but you have to be well attentive of the decisive factor and present situation of the markets and need a very fluent communication skill.

So I am giving you the suggestion for go with Human Resources. But listen MBA is also very costly.

One more factor related to the MBA is that if you do not do MBA from the top B-schools of India then your degree will be of no value, thousands of students are doing jobs in small farms even after doing MBA. You do MBA from institutes like IIMs, FMS, XLRI.

The total fee for institutes like IIM is around 15 lacs.
The total fee for institutes like XLRI, FMS is 5 to 8 lacs.
The total fee for other institutes are 2 to 6 lacs.

So if you think that which college you choose can give you placement and a secure future then go for it or else you can go for the MCA...it is 3 years course and less costly than MBA and related to software field.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in