2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd January 2018, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

Library of JNU

Can you tell me about the opening hours for the Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Central Library of Jawaharlal Nehru University as I want to visit it?
Similar Threads
Thread
My JHU Library
IIM Kozhikode Library
PTU Library
KV JNU NMR Library
Library DCE
Library MLSU
MY DMU Library
AIIMS Library National Medical Library
IMM Library DTU
Library JNU
NIT Goa Library
My LIU Library
LPU Library
IIITD Library
E-SCRA Library
KSU University Library
Library In JNU
DCE Library
After Masters in Library Science Eligible for Ph.d in Library Science
IIT Library Job
3rd January 2018, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Library of JNU

The Dr. B. R. Ambedkar Central Library of Jawaharlal Nehru University is situated in the midst of the academic complex of the University and provides comprehensive access to books, journals, reports, e-journal/online databases, e-books, electronic theses and dissertations.

The JNU Library is a depository of all Govt. publications and publications of some important International Organisations like WHO, European Union, United Nations and its allied agencies etc.

Opening Hours

The Library remains open from 9.00 a.m. to 8.00 p.m. throughout the year for reference/issue/return of books.

During the examination days, the working hours of the Library are extended upto 12 midnight for 45 days in each semester.

However, the Special Reading Hall and Dholpur House open 24x7 throughout the year. Reading Halls at Ground Floor are open Mon-Sat (9:00 am- 12:00 pm) and Sunday & Holidays (9:00 am-8:00 pm)

(Library Tower 9 am-8: 00 pm)

It remains open on Dussehra, Diwali, EID and Christmas from 9 am to 4.30 pm. It remains closed on the following three National Holidays and Holi very year. It remains closed on the following National Holidays 26th January, 15th August, and 2nd October.

Management

The Management Section of JNU Library looks after the major day to day activities like:

Personal files of Library Staff
Leave Record
Conduct Workshop and Seminars
Bills related jobs

In addition it looks after the Allocation of Funds and payment in the following Heads:
1. Journals and Books
2. Library Stationary
3. Binding of Documents
4. Minor Repair
5. Contingency and other recurring
6. Library Furniture and Equipment
7. Computer Systems

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in