2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

17th November 2015, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Kumaun university syllabus

As you need the syllabus of B.Sc I year of the Kumaun University so here I am sharing this with you

Inorganic Chemistry
1. Atomic Structure:
Dual nature of matter; de Broglie concept. Heisenberg uncertainty principle; its significance. Atomic
orbitals, Schrödinger wave equation (no derivation); significance of ψ and ψ
. Quantum numbers,
radial and angular wave functions and probability distribution curves, shapes of s, p and d orbitals.
Aufbau energy diagram, Pauli’s exclusion principle. Hund’s rule of maximum multiplicity. Electronic
configuration of elements (s block, p block and first series of d-block elements). Effective nuclear
charge.
2. Periodic Properties: 5 hrs
Atomic and ionic radii, ionization potential, electron affinity, electronegativity-definition, methods of
determination/evaluation, trends of variation in periodic table and their application in prediction
and explaining the chemical behaviour of elements and compounds thereof.
3. Chemical Bonding: 16 hrs
(a)Covalent bond-valence bond theory and its limitations; directional nature of covalent bond;
various types of hybridization and shapes of different inorganic molecules and ions. Valence shell
electron pair repulsion theory (VSEPR) and shapes of NH
3, H2O, H3O
+
, SF4
, ClF3 and other simple
molecules/ions.
Molecular orbital theory as applied to diatomic homonuclear/heteronuclear (CO and NO) inorganic
molecules, difference between VB and MO theories. Multicentre bonding in electron deficient
molecules. Polarization of covalent molecules; percentage ionic character from dipole and
electronegativity difference.

Kumaun University B.Sc I year syllabus

For complete syllabus here is the attachment
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kumaun University B.Sc I year syllabus.pdf (316.7 KB, 141 views)
3rd September 2023, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to take admission in the B.Sc I year of the Kumaun University and want to know the syllabus of it so can you please provide me this?
I want to syllabus for BSc 1st semester

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in