2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

13th April 2015, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

Kantesh Balani IITK

I have recently joined IIT Kanpur and came to know about the professor named Kantesh Balani and now I eagerly want to know about this person. Can you please tell me in details about this professor and the lists of research works done by this professor at the IIT Kanpur?
Similar Threads
Thread
Iitk phy 102
Me 251 iitk
IITK Chm
Ppk iitk
Els iitk
Jam iitk
Ime 602 IITK
Iitk-vt
IITK New SAC
Ifl iitk
Iitk sbf
Ime iitk mba
Iitk ime mba
Iitk mth 102
Msp iitk
Ai iitk
Me 301 iitk
Sip iitk
Emg iitk
phy 103 iitk
8th August 2018, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Re: Kantesh Balani IITK

I am planning to join Department of Materials Science & Engineering at Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur heard about Kantesh Balani. Will you provide me details about Professor Kantesh Balani at IIT K also provide me list of research work which is done by professor?
8th August 2018, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Kantesh Balani IITK

Kantesh Balani
Associate Professor at IIT K
Biomaterials Processing & Characterization Lab. Kantesh Balani, Ph.D

List of research work done:

Bio-Coatings/ Dental Implants:

Synthesis, and characterization of ceramic- (such as hydroxyapatite, HA), Yttria Stabilized Zirconia (YSZ) and polymer- (such as ultra high molecular weight polyethylene, UHMWPE) based biocomposites. Processing utilizes electrostatic spraying, plasma spraying, and spark plasma sintering.

Carbon Nanotube (CNT) reinforced biocomposites (both ceramics and Polymeric).
Bacterial (E-coli) and cell-culture (human fiber osteoblasts) studies on biocoatings allow quantification of cell growth, adhesion and proliferation. Toxicity effects can be elicited through detailed photospectroscopy of cell- count on biocompatible coatings.

Energy Materials:

Development of Yttria Stabilized Zirconia (YSZ) and Ceria (CeO2) based anode and electrolytes for Solid Oxide Fuel Cells.

Catalytic conversion for reduction of NOx gases and oxidation of SOx/COx gases.
Ultra High Temperature Materials:

Development of Tantalum carbide and ZrB2 based Ceramics using spark plasma sintering.

Oxidation and prevention of graphite at high temperature and providing protective coatings using plasma spraying.

Department of Materials Science & Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Kanpur-208016, India
Email: kbalani@iitk.ac.in
PH: +91-512-259-6194

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in