2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th April 2018, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Re: For IAS Exam What is the Criteria

Hii sir, I Wants to give the IAS Examination Will you Please Provide me the Eligibility Criteria for the IAS Examination ?
27th April 2018, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Re: For IAS Exam What is the Criteria

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) was formerly known as Imperial Civil Service (ICS) is the Civil Services Examination and one of the toughest competitive exams in India. It is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for the recruitment of officers for the All India Administrative Civil Service

Eligibility Criteria

The candidate must hold a PASS BACHELOR'S degree from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University, under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the final examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply for the Preliminary Examination.

All such candidates who qualify the Prelims examination must produce a proof of Pass Bachelor Degree to appear for the Civil Services Main Examination.

Age limits
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years

Examination Pattern

The Preliminary Examination consists of two papers of objective type (multiple-choice questions) carrying a maximum of 400 marks.
The Question Papers (Test Booklets) are set in English & Hindi

General Studies Paper I 200 Marks
General Studies Paper II 200 Marks

Main Exam

Paper Subjec t Marks
Paper A (One of the Indian languages listed below, to be selected by the candidate (from the languages listed in the Eighth Schedule to the Constitution of India) (Qualifying) 300
Paper B English (Qualifying) 300
Paper I Essay 250
Paper II General Studies I (Indian heritage and culture, history and geography of the world and society) 250
Paper III General Studies II (Governance, constitution, polity, social justice, and international relations) 250
Paper-IV General Studies III (Technology, economic development, biodiversity, environment, security and disaster management) 250
Paper V General Studies-IV(ethics, integrity, and aptitude) 250
Papers VI, VII Two papers on subjects to be selected by the candidate from the list of optional subjects below (250 marks for each paper) 500
TOTAL(WRITTEN TEST) 1750

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in