2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st July 2014, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Re: How should answering HR questions

Here are some Human Resource Interview Questions:

1. So, tell me a little about yourself.
2. Why are you looking (or why did you leave you last job)?
3. Tell me what you know about this company.
4. Why do you want to work at X Company?
5. What relevant experience do you have?
6. If your previous co-workers were here, what would they say about you?
7. Have you done anything to further your experience?
8. Where else have you applied?
9. How are you when you're working under pressure?
10. What motivates you to do a good job?
11. What's your greatest strength?
12. What's your biggest weakness?
13. Let's talk about salary. What are you looking for?
14. Are you good at working in a team?
15. Tell me a suggestion you have made that was implemented.
16. Has anything ever irritated you about people you've worked with?
17. Is there anyone you just could not work with?
18. Tell me about any issues you've had with a previous boss.
19. Would you rather work for money or job satisfaction?
20. Would you rather be liked or feared?
21. Are you willing to put the interests of X Company ahead of your own?
22. So, explain why I should hire you.
23. Finally, do you have any questions to ask me?

1- Tell me about you?

A1 - This question is asked in almost all job interviews. It is normally the most asked question because it sets the stage and gets you talking. Answer the question by simply talking about your relevant experience and education. No life history is required here.

Q2- Explain why I should hire you?

A2- I agree the first thought that comes to your mind is “Because I am the best”, but that is not what he wants to hear. Answer the question by talking about your talents and skills that match the job profile. Plus you can also include 2 to 3 related work experiences and how you excelled in it.

Q3- What is the most enjoyable part of working in a company?

A3- You can answer this question by saying that team work and individual contribution are the two things that you enjoy most while working in a company. Plus you can also mention that excelling in my work and getting the right experience is the key to success for me.

Q4- What is important for you money or work?

A4- You many answer this question by saying that good quality work is very important for me to enhance my skill sets and knowledgebase. But to lead a stable and satisfactory life money is also equally important, plus you feel good and productive when you get rewarded for all your hard work and dedication.

Q5- Why did you resign from your previous job?

A5- Start by thanking the previous company for providing great learning experience and helping you enhance your skill sets. Than you can include that there is no more learning opportunity in the company to develop your skills and you think you need more responsibility to showcase your talents in the most optimum way.

Q6- Why do you want to work for our organization?

A6 – This is the question where your prior research and homework about the company will come in handy. You might have already learned about the vision and mission of the company and it would be a great idea to relate your long term career goals to that of the companies. You can also talk about the job profile and help them understand your enthusiasm and passion about the domain you are stepping into. Showcasing your fanaticism and enthusiasm for work would be the key here.

Q7- Why have you had so many jobs?

A7- Now this is a tricky question and you need to answer it to mark a positive impression. Generally they would put up this question to see if you are a job hopper. While answering this question you should describe each job as part of your career goal. Remember that you should never blame any of your previous employers. If needed you can even attribute your job change to conditions beyond your control.

Q8 – Tell me of a situation when your work was criticized?

A8- Answer the question by simply mentioning that you take criticism as a positive thing and don’t really get depressed or feel low. Instead you try learning from your experiences good or bad and improve further and work to the best of your ability and knowledge.

Q9 – May I contact your present employer for reference?

A9- This question is generally asked to see your reaction. Better stay calm and cheerful and with a smile you can say yes absolutely sir with pleasure. But not now as he is not aware of my job search once I am selected you may call him for reference and I am sure you will get a positive response.

Q10 – Are you applying for other jobs as well?

A10- You can answer this question with honesty, normally they know that it is quiet obvious that you would be applying some where else also. So sincerely say yes I have been applying to some of the best companies which I intend to target as my career plan and this company is on my priority list. Avoid discussing too much on this topic and try to divert their attention to something related to the job for which you are applying.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in