2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th July 2014, 10:01 AM
Super Moderator

Re: How to join Indian Army after 12th science?

To join Indian Army after 12th science you need to appear in the National Defence Academy examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission). NDA is an entrance for joining in Indian Defense Services, different cadre's like

Following are the details of NDA examination:

Nationality:
A candidate must either be:
A citizen of India, or
A subject of Bhutan, or
A subject of Nepal, or
A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Required qualification:
The applicant should be 12th Class pass or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University with minimum 60% marks.

Important dates:

Date of notification: 21 JUNE 2014

Last date of form submission: 21 JULY 2014

Date of NDA exam is 28th SEPTEMBER 2014
22nd May 2015, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

Hi I have completed 12th science now I want to join Indian Army so tell me how can I join Indian Army?
22nd May 2015, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

To join Indian Army you have to clear NDA exam after 12th.

The National Defence Academy is the joint services academy of Indian armed Forces, where cadets for the three services, the Army, the Navy and the Air Force train together.

NDA exam is conducted by UPSC.

NDA exam Eligibility Criteria -

For Indian Army wing - 10 + 2 / Intermediate or any equivalent qualification provided by the state government

For Air Force (Naval Academy) - 12th with Physics and Mathematics Subjects

Age Limitation -

Candidate should not be born before January 1996 and not after July 1998 (Tentative).

Only Unmarried candidates are eligible for this examination

Nationality of Applicants should be the citizen of India or a subject of Bhutan / Nepal / Tibetan Refugee / or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and east African Countries of Kenya, Uganda.

Physical Standard-

Candidates should be physically fit in all aspects

Important dates-

NDA NA Exam (I) 2015
Date of notification: December 27, 2014
Last date for application: January 23, 2015
Date of exam: April 19, 2015

NDA NA Exam (II) 2015
Date of notification: June 20, 2015
Last date for application: July 17, 2015
Date of exam: September 27, 2015

NDA 2015 Syllabus:-

The exam will be divided into papers i.e. Paper I (Mathematics) Paper II (General Ability Test).

General Ability Test will be further divided into two parts that include English and General Knowledge.

Syllabus for all the mentioned subjects are given below:-

Mathematics:- Algebra, Matrices & Determinants, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry of Two & Three Dimensions, Different Calculus, Integral Calculus & Different Equations, Vector Algebra and Statistics & Probability.

English: - The English paper will be designed to test students’ proficiency in the languages with verbal reasoning and usage of grammar.

General Knowledge: - The GK paper will include subjects like Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and

Current Events. For all the mentioned subjects in the paper, the syllabus will be from 10+2 level.

Contact details

Union Public Service Commision
Man Singh Road Area,
New Delhi, Delhi (state) 110069 ‎
011 2338 5271

Map location

[MAP]Union Public Service Commision[/MAP]

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in