2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th October 2014, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Even though I wear spectacles, still can I join Indian Air Force?

Indian Air Force is the air arm of the Indian armed forces. It is responsible to secure Indian airspace and to conduct aerial warfare during a conflict.
The President of Republic India serves as the ex-officio Commander-in-Chief of IAF. And its chief is a four-star commander.

Vision requirements for joining IAF:

Distant Vision 6/6 without spectacles
Near Vision N-5 each eye
Color Vision CP-1(ML T)
Manifest Hypermetropia must not exceed + 2.00 Dsph "Myopia - Nill" and Astigmatism + 0.75 DSph
And persons who cannot manage without spectacles are not at all eligible in Indian Air Force.

22nd March 2015, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

Hey, My name is rahul, I want to join Indian Air force But I wear glasses, Will you please tell me that am I eligible to join Indian Air force?
22nd March 2015, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

As per as my knowledge you can join Indian Air force with glasses, But your eye sights should be 6/6. Here, I am giving you the complete eligibility criteria, so it will be clear to you.

Branch: F (P)
Visual acuity errors: Hypermetropia: + 2.0D SphManifest Myopia: Nil Retinoscopic myopia: - 0.5 in any meridian permitted Astigmatism: + 0.75D Cyl (within + 2.0 D – Max)
6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other, correctable to 6/6 only for Hypermetropia

Branch: A1G1 Aircrew other than F(P)
Visual acuity errors: Hypermetropia: +3.5D Sph Myopia:- 2.0D Sph Astigmatism: + 0.75D Cyl
6/24 in one eye and 6/36 in other, correctable to 6/6 and 6/9.

Branch: ATC
Visual acuity errors: Hypermetropia: + 2.0D Sph Myopia: - 0.5D Sph Astigmatism: + 0.5D Cyl
A minimum to 6/9 in each eye correctable to 6/6 in each eye. Wearing of glasses will be compulsory when visual acuity is below 6/6

Branch: Fighter Controller
Visual acuity errors: Hypermetropia:+ 3.0D Sph Myopia: –2.0D Sph Astigmatism: + 1.50D Cyl A minimum to 6/36 in each eye. Correctable to 6/6 in each eye wearing of glasses will be compulsory when binocular acuity is below 6/6
CP-III

Branch: AE(M) AE(L)
Visual acuity errors: Hypermetropia: + 3.5 D SphMyopia: -3.50 D Sph Astigmatism: + 2.50 D Cyl
Corrected visual acuity should be 6/9 in each eye. Wearing of glasses will be compulsory when advised
CP-II

Branch: Met
Visual acuity errors: Hypermetropia: + 3.5 D SphMyopia: -3.50 D Sph Astigmatism: + 2.50 D Cyl
Corrected visual acuity should be 6/6 in the better eye and 6/18 in the worse eye. Wearing of Glasses will be compulsory.
CP-II

Branch: Adm/ Accts/ Lgs

Branch: A4G1 Medica l/ Dental
Visual acuity errors: Hypermetropia: + 3.5 D SphMyopia: -5.50 D Sph Astigmatism: + 2.50 D Cyl

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in