2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

11th January 2016, 08:35 AM
Unregistered

Es 200 iitb

Can you provide me the course contents of ES (Environmental Studies) 200 program offered by IITB or Indian Institute of Technology Bombay?
Similar Threads
Thread
Iitb epm
Mea iitb
Iitb cc
Me 201 iitb
Sop iitb
Mm 207 iitb
SPI Lab IITB
IITB MBA Cut Off
Kvv iitb
Oat iitb
Iitb cen
Me iitb
Iitb cms
Jkv iitb
Ee 225 iitb
Iitb pg
Tcs iitb
Me 113 IITB
IITB Phd
Me 209 iitb
11th January 2016, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Es 200 iitb

The ES 200 courses offered by IITB or Indian Institute of Technology Bombay are compulsory for every department as per government norms, and are quite easy compared to other courses since they involve no conceptual content.

The ES 200 section covers mostly environmental pollution aspects (air, water and solid waste).

The content is simple and easy to understand, and there are two assignments to be submitted on the basis of watching three documentaries.

The number of quizzes depends on the instructors, but the final end-semester exam for the course is for 50% of the weightage.

ES/HS 200 – Environmental Studies

Course Contents (ES 200)

Module A: Air Pollution

Description: An introduction to understanding air quality management, fundamental processes of meteorology, Gaussian plume model. Air Pollutants – Gaseous and particulate, Criteria pollutants, ambient and source standards, Aerosols: Characterisation of aerosols, size distributions, measurement methods; Transport behaviour: diffusion, sedimentation, inertia; Visibility; principles of particulate control systems.
Goal: To help students understand the key steps in managing air quality

Module B: Water Treatment
Description: Discussion of water quality constituents and introduction to the design and operation of water and wastewater treatment processes.
Goal: To help students develop basic understanding of physical, chemical, and biological phenomena involved in design and operation of water and wastewater treatment facilities.

Module C: Solid Waste Management and Climate Change

Description: First part of the module would cover different aspects of solid and hazardous waste management. Second part would focus on the climate change and greenhouse gas emissions, and how different technologies would reduce the greenhouse gas emissions.
Goal: To help students develop basic understanding of solid and hazardous waste management, and the climate change and its possible causes.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in