2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd May 2018, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Re: Entrance test for NRI students

I completed my 12th with PCM and planning to do Engineering degree searching for details about the NRI Entrance test. Will you tell which Entrance Test required for admission For NRI Students along with eligibility to apply for that exam so that I can plan for admission?
3rd May 2018, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Entrance test for NRI students

For NRIs seeking Admission into Indian Engineering Colleges

Non-resident Indians or NRIs are defined as those having lived outside India for a period exceeding 10 years.

Eligibility:

Eligibility This category of admission is only applicable to those students who have passed their Class X or Class XII or both from an Indian board (such as ICSE or CBSE) outside India with a minimum aggregate of 60%, with the exception being NRIs from Bangladesh and Pakistan.

If you are counted as an NRI student, and if you wish to apply for a UG (undergraduate) course in pharmacy or engineering, you need not appear for MHT-CET. You can directly appear for AIEEE.

Colleges with NRI Quota:

Quota for NRIs is generally 15% of the management quota according to the rules stipulated by DTE; however, they are applicable to change.

It should be noted that not all colleges with management quota dedicate 15% of their seats to NRI students.

If you are an NRI student and an engineering aspirant, you can try applying to the below mentioned colleges:

College of Engineering, Pune (or COEP)

Institute of Chemical Technology (or ICT)

Xavier Institute of Engineering

Thadomal Shahani College of Engineering (or TSEC)

NMIMS Mukesh Patel

MES Pillais Institute of Information Technology

KJ Somaiya College of Engineering (located at Vidyavihar)

KJ Somaiya (located at Sion)

DJ Sanghvi College of Engineering (or DJSCoE)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in