2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th October 2014, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Eligibility for MSc IIT

You want to do M.Sc from Mumbai IIT, its very good that you want to do MSc from Mumbai IIT, Mumbai IIT offers MSc IIT through JAM.

So here I am giving you information about JAM:

Exam pattern: JAM IIT

JAM IIT question papers are descriptive or objective in nature based on the subjects one chooses. IIT JAM conducted following eight subjects which I am giving you below:

Mathematical Statistics
Mathematics
Chemistry
Geophysics
Geology
Physics
Biotechnology
Computer Applications

The objective papers conducted 100 questions and 100 marks one mark for each question. A negative mark of 1/3rd is applicable for every wrong answer.

The descriptive papers are divided into two parts Part I and Part II

Part I comprises 60 percent marks and contains one-mark and two-mark multiple choice questions. A negative marking of 1/3rd is applicable for wrong answer of one mark each and a negative marking of 2/3rd is applicable for a wrong answer of two marks each.

Part II comprises of 40 percent marks.There is no negative marking in this section.

Eligibility for MSc IIT in Mumbai IIT

Here I want to tell you that for taking admission in Mumbai IIT for MSc IIT, a general candidate must have 55% marks in all subjects.

For ST/SC Candidate must have 50% marks in all subjects.

Bachelor’s degree with Chemistry as a and should have passed (10+2) with Maths as a subject.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in