2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th October 2014, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Details of the Women Scientist Scholarship Scheme(WOS-S) and Assessment Council i

As you are saying that you want the details of the Women Scientist Scholarship Scheme
(WOS-S) and Assessment Council in Association with DST so, here I am providing you the same.

Eligibility:

Only Indian women candidates can apply for this scheme.

Candidates should have there Masters or Doctorate degree in Science.

Candidates who have taken a graduate or post graduate degree in engineering or technology in any of the subject that is given below:

Production Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Life Sciences & Biotechnology
Instrumentation & Biomedical Engineering
Information Technology
Industrial Engineering
Food & Pharma
Electronics & Communication Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Drugs
Computer Science Engineering
Chemistry
Chemical Sciences

Age limit: 50 years

Selection process:

Selection should be on the basis of written test or interview.

Submission of application form:
Only online mode of application submission is allowed.
Candidates need to log in to official website of TIFAC to fill the online application form.
2nd March 2016, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

Details of the Women Scientist Scholarship Scheme(WOS-S) and Assessment

Sir I am looking for the details of the Women Scientist Scholarship Scheme(WOS-S) and Assessment so can you please provide me the details
2nd March 2016, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Details of the Women Scientist Scholarship Scheme(WOS-S) and Assessment

Women Scientists Scholarship Scheme (WOS-C)” is managed by the Department of Science & Technology (DST).

This is to develop the scientific talent of women who are seeking scientific pursuits. The duration of this scheme is one year. The scheme focuses to give opportunity for women for self-employment in diverse areas.

WOS-C Scholarships

The scholarship is for duration of one year. For the qualifying candidates (i.e. B.Tech, B.Pharma, MBBS or equivalent) a sum of Rs.12,500/- per month will be given. For the candidates from M.Tech, Ph.D, M.Pharma, MD or equivalent, a sum of Rs.17,500/- per month will be given.

WOS-C Scholarship Eligibility

Have knowledge in handling computerized databases, net surfing and information
searching.

Should not have attained 50 plus years of age.

The preparation of project reports, experience in research, term papers, etc. are
desirable.

Should be an Indian citizen

Should have M.Sc in Physical science, chemical sciences, life sciences or related
fields or graduation or post graduation in engineering, medicine/ veterinary science/
pharmaceutical science or related fields.

The candidates with higher qualification are also eligible.

Contacts Address of Coordination Centers

Kharagpur

Dean, Continuing Education Programme, “Women Scientist Scholarship Scheme-TIFAC-PFC-DST”, Continuing Education Programme, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, West Bengal-721302

Pune

Head, Unit for Research & Development of Information Products (URDIP), Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, Jopasana, 85/1, Paud Road, Kothrud, Pune-411038

Delhi

Director, Patent Facilitating Centre- TIFAC, Department of Science and Technology, Vishwakarma Bhawan, A Wing, 5th Floor, New Delhi - 110 016

Chennai

Honorary Director, Centre for International Cooperation in Science (CICS), 2, Gandhi Mandapam Road, Chennai-600025
2nd March 2016, 04:58 PM
Unregistered

Council in As

Sir I am looking the details of the British Council as I want to learn the English so can you please tell me the details
2nd March 2016, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Council in As

The UK is a world leader in English language teaching, and for over 75 years the British Council has been delivering high quality English courses to learners around the world

British Council create opportunities to expand knowledge of the English language and to connect to the UK. Whether you want to learn or teach English, study in the UK or acquire a qualification from a UK university, or if you want to network, this is the place to start.

Salient features

Expert support: from videos and books to online interactive courses, you have access
to the best preparation materials to help you do well in your test

Free resources: Road to IELTS is the British Council’s popular online preparation
course. When you register for an IELTS test with us you also get access to 30 hours of
free training.

Convenient test dates, locations and venues: we offer frequent tests a month at 40
locations across India. This means that you have a huge range of options for where and when you can take your test.

Easy booking: you can book your IELTS test online or at our centres or our partners
across country and take advantage of flexible payment options.

Fast results: you will be able to see your results online within just 13 days of the date
you take your test.

English courses

English courses for young learners

English courses for adults

English courses for the workplace

Exam preparation courses

Corporate training

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in