2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st February 2013, 09:04 AM
Super Moderator

Re: CUSAT Syllabus for B.Tech

You want CUSAT B.Tech Civil Engineering 3rd semester syllabus so I have its syllabus which I am sharing with you:

Module I
Fourier series and Fourier integrals: Periodic functions, Euler formulae for Fourier coefficients, functions having arbitrary period, even and odd functions, half range expansions, Fourier integral, Fourier cosine and sine transformations, linearity property, transform of derivatives, convolution theorem (no proof) Gamma and Beta functions, error functions - definitions and simple properties.

Module II
Special functions: Legendre polynomial, Rodrigue's formula- generation function, recurrence formula for Pn (x), orthogonality. Bessel function, Jn(x)- recurrence formula, general function, orthoganilty.
Module III
Partial differential equations : Solutions of equations of the form F(p, q) = 0, F(x,p,q)=0, F(y,p,q)=0, F(z,p,q)=0, F1(x,p) = F2 (y,q), Lagrange’s form Pp+Qq = R.
Vibrating string : one dimensional wave equation, D’Alembert’s solution, solution by the method of separation of variables. One dimensional heat equation, solution of the equation by the method of separation of variables, solutions of Laplace’s equation over a rectangular region and a circular region by the method of separation of variables.

For complete syllabus I am uploading pdf file and you are free to download it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CUSAT BTech Civil Engineering Syllabus.pdf (511.9 KB, 190 views)
19th March 2015, 02:47 PM
Unregistered

I want to get Cochin University of Science and Technolog B.Tech Degree Syllabus so will you please provide me that ?
19th March 2015, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

As you want to get Cochin University of Science and Technology
B.Tech Degree Syllabus so these universities offer B.Tech in following departments:

Computer Science & Engineering
Electronics & Communication
Electrical & Electronics Engineering
Electronics & Instrumentation
Information Technology
Civil Engineering

Here I am giving you syllabus of B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering:

Module I Ordinary differential equations: First order differential equations - exact differential equations, Bernoulli's equations--Methods of solution and Simple applications. Linear differential equations of higher orders with constant co-efficients-Methods of solution of these equations. Cauchy’s linear differential equations. Simultaneous linear differential equations- Simple applications of linear differential equations in engineering problems –Electrical Circuits, Mechanical Systems.

Module II Infinite series : Integral test, comparison test, ratio test, Cauchy’s root test, Raabe’s test, seies of positive and negative terms, concept of absolute convergence, alternating series, Leibniz test(No proofs for any of the above tests)

Power series : Taylor and Maclaurin series of functions, Leibniz formula for the nth derivative of the product of two functions (No proof),use of Leibniz formula for the determination of co-efficients of the power series.

Module III Partial differentiation: Partial differentiation-Concept of partial derivative - Chain rule- Total derivative- Euler’s theorem for homogeneous functions, Differentials and their applications in errors and approximations, Jacobians - Maxima minima of functions of two variables(Proof of the result not required)-Simple applications.

Co-ordinate systems: Rectangular co-ordinates-Polar co-ordinates-In plane and in Space-Cylindrical polar co-ordinates-Spherical polar co-ordinates.

Module IV Integral calculus: Application of definite integrals: Area, Volume, Arc length, Surface area. Multiple integrals : Evaluation of double integrals-Change of order of integration. Evaluation of triple integrals-Change of Variables in integrals. Applications of multiple integrals. Plane Area, Surface area &Volumes of solids
CUSAT Syllabus for B.Tech Computer Science & Engineering

For full syllabus here is the attachment..............................
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CUSAT Syllabus for B.Tech .pdf (878.9 KB, 134 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in