2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th November 2016, 10:06 AM
Super Moderator

Re: CSIO Training for 6 Month

The eligibility requirements for students desirous of completing 6 months Dissertation Work/ Training at Central Scientific Instruments Organization (CSIO) are as follows:

CSIR-CSIO accepts students desirous of full-time, continuous, on-site training studying
• ME/ M Tech Final Year, 6 months to 1 year training duration
• BE/ B Tech Final Year, 6 months training duration
• BE/B Tech 2nd/ 3rd Year, Summer Training, 6 to 8 weeks training duration

Eligibility and Essential Qualifications
1. ME/ M Tech Final Year Students, 6 months to 1 year training duration: One studying for their M Tech/ME degrees
2. BE/ B Tech Final Year Students, 6 months training duration: One studying for their B Tech/BE degrees
3. One must be pursuing the B Tech/ BE/ M Tech/ME degrees from a University recognized by the UGC/ an Institute of National Importance
4. M Tech/ME students must have a GATE score, not necessarily a qualifying/ valid GATE score. One is short listed based on the GATE scores.

Selection procedure:
1. ME/ M Tech Final Year Students, 6 months to 1 year training duration: Selection for training with CSIR-CSIO is based on GATE scores and interviews of short listed candidates.
2. BE/ B Tech Final Year Students, 6 months training duration: Selection for training with CSIR-CSIO will depend strictly on the demand from researchers and the number of applicants.
3. BE/ B Tech 2nd/ 3rd Year Students, Summer Training, 6 to 8 weeks training duration: There being a very limited requirement, selection is based on the student’s marks.

Training Cost
1. ME/ M Tech Final Year Students, 6 months to 1 year training duration and BE/ B Tech Final Year Students, 6 months training duration: A one-time fee to cover the cost of training and overheads of ₹10,000 (plus taxes as per GOI regulations) is payable by the trainee at the time of selection at CSIO.
2. BE/ B Tech 2nd/ 3rd Year Students, Summer Training, 6 to 8 weeks training duration: A one-time fee to cover the cost of training and overheads of ₹5,000 (plus taxes as per GOI regulations) is payable by the trainee at the time of selection at CSIO.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in