2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th May 2018, 01:27 PM
Unregistered

Re: Combined Engineering Subordinate Services Examination

Hi buddy here I am looking for Tamilnadu Public Service Commission’s Combined Engineering Services Exam Syllabus , so would you plz let me know from where I can do download its exam syllabus ??
9th May 2018, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Combined Engineering Subordinate Services Examination

As you want here I am giving below Tamilnadu Public Service Commissions Combined Engineering Services Exam Syllabus on your demand :

CIVIL ENGINEERING
Degree Standard
PAPER-I
Code No: 029
UNIT I

CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS Engineering Properties
uses and tests for stones and bricks lime -
sources, types and properties - cement - composition, tests, specifications, properties - types of
cements and admixtures. Miscelklaneous materi
als - Glass, Rubber Plastics and materials for
acoustics and insulation.
UNIT II
CONSTRUCTION PRACTICE Stone Masonry - Classi
fication, construction details and supervision -
Brick Masonny - bonds - Damp proof courses - cons
truction details of wails and arches. Shoring,
scaffolding, underpinning. Floor finishes and roof coverings. Stairs and stair cases - Layout - types -
suitability, Doors, Windows and ventilators Types - Selection, Fire resistant structure.
UNIT III
ENGINEERING SURVEY Levelling - Types - LS and CS contouring calculation of areas and volume
Theodoite survey - Traversing - Heights and Distances Techeemetry - Modern surveying
instruments. Selting out of curves Permanent adjustments of levels and theodelites.
UNIT IV
ESTIMATING AND COSTING Types of estimates -
Writing technical specifications and tender
documents. Types of contracts - terms and conditions conflicts and arbitration - Rate Analysis -
schedule of rates Valuation and Rent fixation.
UNIT V
STRENGTH OF MATERIALS Stresses and strains - Elastic constants, - shear and tension
compound strees principal stresses and planes Theeries
of failure. Theory of simple pending - shear
stress - distribution in beams Deflection of beam
s Strain energy in elastic deformation, impact
fatigue and creep.
UNIT VI
THEORY OF STRUCTURES Proposed cantilever and fixed beams Continueous beams - Theorem
of three moments - portal frames - moment distribution method - Colomns - short & long columns,
unsymmetrical sections. Eulers theory - critical
leads for different end conditions Analyusis of
arches - Eddys theorem - suspension bridges /moving leads - influence lines. Domes and Retaining
walls - stabilityh conditions - checking.
UNIT VII
SOIL MECHANICS Site Investigation and Soil sampling - classification of soil Engineering properties
of soil - SPT and its interpretation soil - Water interaction - permeability, seepage shear strength of
soils - Determination of C and V Stress distribution in soils - Boussinesq`s and Wester - gaard`s.
Theory of consolidation - consolidation test. compaction of soils - Meisture density relationship -
stability of slopes analysis.
UNIT VIII
FOUNDATION ENGINEERING Shallow Foundations
Bearing capacity Theory - Settlement analysis
Methods of improving - bearing capacity and minimising settlement - Types of footings - Design
principles mat foundations. Deep foundations - Piles - Static and Dynamic formulac - Pile cap -
group of piles - pile lead test. Retaining walls - Earth pressure theories.
Attached Files
File Type: Tamilnadu Public Service Commission (60.4 KB, 182 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in