2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

12th August 2014, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Class Xth ICSE syllabus

Here I am giving you syllabus for class 10th examination of Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations in a file attached with it so you can get it easily.

1. Basic Biology
(i) The cell, a unit of life, protoplasm, basic difference between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell; differences between an animal and a plant cell.

A basic understanding of the cell theory, structure of plant and animal cell with functions of various cell organelles. (Protoplam, Cytoplasm, Cell Wall, Cell Membrane, Nucleus, Nucleolous, Mitochondria, Endoplasmic Reticulum, Ribosome, Golgibodies, Plastids, Lysosomes, Centrosome and Vacuole). Difference between a plant cell and an animal cell should be mainly discussed with respect to cell wall, centrosome and vacuoles and plastids.

(ii) Tissues: Types of plant and animal tissues.
To be taught in brief with respect to location, basic structure and function,
giving typical examples of their location so as to enable pupils to understand their role in different physiological processes in plants and animals.

2. Flowering Plants (i) Vegetative Propagation: Artificial methods, advantages and disadvantages. Economic importance of artificial propagation, Hybridisation.and Micro Propagation. Brief idea of Biotechnology and its applications role in medicine and industry. The concept in brief with suitable examples. Artificial methods: cutting, grafting and layering with examples. Advantages and disadvantages of vegetative reproduction to be discussed. Economic importance of artificial propagation. Hybridization: Meaning and benefits. Micro Propagation: meaning, uses and limitations. Brief idea of biotechnology (example - human insulin from E.coli. Applications of biotechnology: in medicine – penicillin, tetracycline; in industry (example – cheese, vinegar, yogurt, alcoholic beverages;

ICSE Class X biology syllabus

Attached Files
File Type: pdf ICSE Class X biology syllabus.pdf (70.8 KB, 110 views)
21st March 2015, 10:32 AM
Unregistered

I m manish from delhi living well here .i am studying in 10th & want to know the ICSE syllabus ?
21st March 2015, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator

As you wanted to know about Class Xth ICSE syllabus,here I am giving you the names of it.

• English
• Second Language - Indian Languages
• Second Language - Sanskrit
• Modern Foreign Languages
• French
• German
• Spanish
• History and Civics
• Geography
• Mathematics
• Physics
• Chemistry
• Biology
• Economics
• Commercial Studies
• Technical Drawing
• Modern Foreign Language - Group II
• Classical Language
• Computer Science
• Environmental Science
• Agricultural Science
• Computer Applications
• Economic Applications
• Commercial Applications
• Art
• Performing Arts
• Home Science
• Cookery
• Fashion Designing
• Physical Education
• Yoga
• Technical Drawing Applications
• Environmental Applications
• Modern Foreign Language - Group III
• SUPW and Community Service

If you want to get any specific detail from any syllabus please give the name of it for now here is the file in which you will get syllabus of English subject

Class Xth ICSE english syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in