2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th August 2012, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Re: ICSE Syllabus for Class 9

As you are asking for the syllabus for class 9th there here I am giving you the link from where you can download your syllabus. This syllabus contains topics and subtopic of the biology. Here I am giving you some topics of the biology.

Here are the contents of biology:-

1. Basic Biology
2. Flowering Plants
3. Plant Physiology
4. Diversity in living organisms
5. Human Anatomy and Physiology
6. Health and Hygiene
Attached Files
File Type: doc ICSE 9th class syllabus.doc (38.5 KB, 93 views)
31st January 2013, 11:05 AM
sanjayaq

ICSE Syllabus for Class 9

Somebody provide me Class 9 Biology course syllabus of ICSE Board?
1st February 2013, 08:59 AM
Super Moderator

Re: ICSE Syllabus for Class 9

You want ICSE Class 9 Biology course syllabus so here I am giving you the same:

1. Basic Biology

(i) The cell, a unit of life, protoplasm, basic difference between prokaryotic and eukaryotic cell; differences between an animal and a plant cell.
A basic understanding of the cell theory, structure of plant and animal cell with functions of various cell organelles.
(Protoplam, Cytoplasm, Cell Wall, Cell Membrane, Nucleus, Nucleolous, Mitochondria, Endoplasmic Reticulum, Ribosome, Golgibodies, Plastids, Lysosomes, Centrosome and Vacuole). Difference between a plant cell and an animal cell should be mainly discussed with respect to cell wall, centrosome and vacuoles and plastids.

(ii) Tissues: Types of plant and animal tissues. To be taught in brief with respect to location, basic structure and function, giving typical examples of their location so as to enable pupils to understand their role in different
physiological processes in plants and animals.

2. Flowering Plants

(i) Vegetative Propagation: Artificial methods, advantages and disadvantages. Economic importance of artificial propagation, Hybridisation.and Micro Propagation. Brief idea of Biotechnology and its applications role in medicine and industry.
The concept in brief with suitable examples. Artificial methods: cutting, grafting and layering with examples. Advantages and disadvantages of vegetative reproduction to be discussed. Economic importance of artificial propagation.
Hybridization: Meaning and benefits. Micro Propagation: meaning, uses and limitations.
Brief idea of biotechnology (example –human insulin from E.coli). Applications of biotechnology: in medicine - penicillin and tetracycline. In industry (example - cheese, vinegar, yogurt, alcoholic beverages; synthesis of vitamins namely vitamin C and enzymes - namely lipase).

For complete syllabus you have to download attached pdf file. this file is free for you.
Attached Files
File Type: doc ICSE Class 9 Biology Syllabus.doc (33.0 KB, 87 views)

Tags
syllabus

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in