2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th October 2012, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Re: CET Ranking Procedure

As per my knowledge I am giving following details:

The information furnished in the CET-2012 application form with regard to Caste / Category and Annual Income remains the same for the purpose of assignment of ranks / allotment of a seat and no change will be entertained in future for any reason.

The minimum passing marks for a Horanadu and Gadinadu Kannadiga candidate shall be 12 out of 50 marks in the Kannada Language Examination conducted by the KEA in order to be considered for assignment of ranks and to be eligible for allotment of seats in CET-2012 (The Kannada Language Test paper will be of 4th Standard)

From this year, i.e. 2012-13, there will be a change in the method of allotment of seats for admission to Medical, Dental, Indian Systems of Medicine & Homeopathy and Engineering / Architecture course and for other courses. The allotment of seats will be done online by obtaining options from the eligible candidates in the order of merit / rank in CET-2012 and based on the options given by them.

Verification of documents will be done in at least 10 notified helpline centers across the state after declaration of merit list. Only upon verification of documents and issue of verification slip, candidates will be allowed to enter the options. A candidate can enter any number of options of his choice either by help line centers well-known by KEA or on his own arrangement. The candidate also has a provision to take a print out of his / her solid options entered by him in each round. Every candidate shall be given high security ID and Password which the candidate then has to login and change the password as per his / her choice. The details of helpline centers will be made available on the website.

The college and course will be allotted by the computer based on their ranking and options and the seats available in a particular college as per the seat matrix issued by the Government. Further details can be seen in the CET-2012 Brochure.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in