2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

16th April 2015, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

NDA Procedure

I have just completed 12th and now want to join National Defence Academy so please tell me the procedure to join this? Give me the details about the eligibility criteria required to appear in this entrance exam? Also tell me when will be the application form will be available to apply?
Similar Threads
Thread
Procedure to do LLB after B.Com
Procedure of MP PET Counseling
SSB Procedure IAF
CA Procedure After CPT
Procedure for NDA
Procedure Of Doing LLB After B.Com
Procedure to get a job in CBI
Procedure to Get Job in SSB after ME
Procedure to Get into IIM
Procedure to do CA Course
Procedure to do CA after B.Com
Procedure To Become CA
Procedure to do Ph.D. after MCA
Procedure to become C.A
Procedure to become a CA
After B.Com procedure to become CA
Procedure To Become Collector
Procedure To Do Ph.D Course
What will be the procedure to do CA and B.Com together
IIT Application Procedure
13th August 2018, 08:10 AM
Unregistered

Re: NDA Procedure

Can you tell me about selection procedure in NDA (National Defence Academy) exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)?
13th August 2018, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Re: NDA Procedure

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts NDA (National Defence Academy) & NA (National Academy) Exam. The candidates who are eligible apply through online. UPSC conducts NDA Exam in Two Stages.

Selection Procedure

I. Written Examination:

The exam will constitute 2 subjects, Maths and General Ability Test and each subject is given the time limit 2 hours, maximum marks for Maths is 300 & General ability is 600.
The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only.
The question papers of Mathematics & Part B of General Ability Test will be set bilingually in Hindi as well as English.
The Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects at the examination.

II. Interview:
Qualified candidates in the written exam will be called for Interview conducted by SSB (Services selection board).
For Army, Navy Wings & 10 +2 Entry Scheme candidates need to undergo Intelligence Test & Personality Test, but for Air Force Wing one must attend a Pilot Aptitude Test.
The Interview consists of both Intelligence & Personality Test.

Intelligence and Personality Test:
The SSB procedure consists of two stage Selection process-stage I and stage II. Only those candidates who clear the stage I are permitted to appear for stage II. The details are:

a. Stage I comprises of Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) tests are Picture Perception Description Test (PP&DT). One will be shortlisted based on combination of performance in QIR Test and PP and DT.

b. Stage II comprises of Interview, Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference. These tests are conducted over 4 days.

The personality of one is assessed by three different evaluators viz. the Interviewing Officer (IO), Group Testing Officer (GTO) and the Psychologist.

There are no separate weightage for each test. The marks are allotted by evaluators only after taking into consideration the performance of one holistically in the entire test.

In addition, marks for conference are also allotted based on the initial performance of one in 3 techniques and decision of the Board. All these have equal weightage.

The various tests of IO, GTO and Psych are designed to bring out the presence/ absence of Officer Like Qualities and their trainability in a candidate. Accordingly, one is recommended or not recommended at the SSB.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in