2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

17th September 2014, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Career for girls in Navy/Airforce

In Indian Army ,Navy and Air Force there is more career opportunities but after 10+2 girls have minimum options but you need to complete graduation degree from any stream.

I think after graduation you should apply for CDS exam for getting job in Navy & Airforce.

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is going to conducts Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination for recruitment of various vacancies under Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy. The following are the eligibility details to apply for the Combined Defence Services Exam.

Eligibility:

For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy: Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.

For Indian Naval Academy:
Degree in Engineering from a recognized university/institution.

For Air Force Academy:
Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering

Note: Those candidates who are studying in the final years Degree course and have yet to pass the final year Degree examination are also eligible to apply.

Physical Standards:

Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Combined Defence Services Examination.

Paper pattern

The exam pattern of UPSC CDS details given below:

Written Exam consists of Objective Type questions and time duration 2hrs and maximum marks is 100 for each subject.

For the candidates who are appearing for Indian Military Academy, Naval Academy, Air force Academy written test comprising of English, General Knowledge and Elementary mathematics subjects and for candidates who are appearing for officers training academy the written test comprise of English and General Knowledge.

The Candidates who are selected in the written exam then they will be selected for personality test at the Service Selection Board based, by the respective service HQ.

Books

7th November 2015, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir I want to know is there any career or job opportunity for girls in Navy/Airforce so here can you please give me details ?
7th November 2015, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Hey as per my idea off course there is scope for girls in the field of Navy/Airforce

Here I am giving you details :-
For this you have to crack National Defense Academy (NDA) Exam which is going to be conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) twice a year.

You can join in Defense Services like as;

Naval Wing

Army Wing

Air Force Wing actually Girls are not eligible to join in Air Force with 12th qualification. They are also not eligible for NDA.

But girls are eligible to join in Air Force only after Graduation.

After Graduation, Girls can apply for the AFCAT Exam.
They can join in branches like;

Flying Branch

Technical Branch

Ground Duty Branch

You can also apply for the CDS Exam to join Air Force.

You can apply in Navy through short service commission;

For this exam you must be unmarried woman. Your age must be in between 19 to 25 years.

Graduation Students with minimum of 60% marks and for Post Graduation students wih minimum 55% in PCM.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in