2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

16th May 2018, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Re: Burdwan University Math Pass Syllabus

Can you provide me the Syllabus for B.Sc. (General) in Mathematics offered by University of Burdwan as I want to check it before taking admission in it?
16th May 2018, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Burdwan University Math Pass Syllabus

The Syllabus for B.Sc. (General) in Mathematics offered by University of Burdwan is as follows:

Part-I

Paper I

Group A

Differential Calculus (Marks - 40)

Rational and Irrational numbers, Linear continuum, Functions, limit of functions, Algebra of limits, Continuous functions, Properties of continuous functions, Monotone functions, Inverse function.

Derivative and its applications, Successive differentiation, Leibnitzs theorem, Rolles theorem, Mean value theorem of Lagrange and of Cauchy with geometrical interpretations Taylors theorem and Maclaurins theorem with remainder in Lagranges and Cauchys form, and application of mean value theorem, Darbouxs theorem Series expansion of n x sin x, cos x, log 1+ x , 1+ x , a with domain of convergence. Determination of maxima and minima, Indeterminate forms.

Sequence and its convergence, Cauchys Criteria of convergence Tests of convergence, Infinite series of constant terms, comparison test, DAlemberts ratio test, Cauchys root test, Raabes, test, Logarithmic test, Gauss test. Alternating series, Leibnitzs test for alternating series (proofs are not required).

Functions of several variables, repeated and simultaneous limits, continuity, partial derivatives, total differentials, directional derivatives Eulers theorem on homogeneous functions of two and three variables.

Rectilinear asymptotes, Envelopes, Curvature, Radius of curvature, tangent and normal, pedal equation of a curve.

Syllabus for B.Sc. (General) in Mathematics University of Burdwan

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in