2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Jobs

24th August 2018, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Re: Bsc Electronics Syllabus Calicut University

Hi buddy here I am searching for Calicut University B.sc Electronics program Syllabus, so will you plz let me know from where I can get it ??
24th August 2018, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Bsc Electronics Syllabus Calicut University

As you want here I am giving bellow Calicut University B.sc Electronics program Syllabus on your demand :

EL1B01 Basic Electronics

Basic Electronics
Basic Electronics
Course Number: 4
Contact Hours: 3 T + 2 L
Number of Credits: 2
Number of Contact Hours: 54 Hrs
Aim of the Course
To equip the students with basic components in electronics, identifying and testing them,
various measuring and testing instruments, assembling of electronic circuits and basic
techniques of troubleshooting.
Objectives of the Course
To learn the basics of electronic components
To learn the basics of testing and measuring instruments
To learn the circuit assembling
To study circuit troubleshooting
Prerequisites
Background of the basic science at +2 level, The electrical and electronic devices present at
students home and their complete specifications.
Course Outline

Module I

Introduction to Electronics Electricity Electric Field, potential, potential difference and
current units conventional and electron current flow Electrical Resistance Factors
affecting Resistance Temperature coefficient, Resistivity Load Resistance and load
current concepts of open and short circuit, DC and AC Ohms law Resistance in series
and parallel KCL, KVL Passive components Types, construction, symbols,
specifications, Identification including colour coding and Testing.

Module 2

Structure of solids Conductivity properties of solid Energy bands Bonding in solids.
Semi conductors Types of semiconductors P & N Types charge carriers charge
concentration Fermi level Temperature dependence of carrier concentration mobility
conductivity Mass action law- Energy gap Drift and Diffusion current.

Module 3

PN Junction Depletion layer Barrier potential - forward and reverse biasing saturation
current. Effect of Barrier potential Reverse breakdown junction capacitance current,
voltage relation characteristicsforward and reverse Diode current Equation Ideal diode
static and dynamic Resistance of diode Types of diodes construction, characteristics,
specifications and applications

Module 4

Transistor Types, construction, operation Terminal currents configurations
characteristics, Current Transfer ratio, leakage current, comparison Transistor ratings Base
spreading Resistance heat sinks Thermal Run away.

Module 5

FET introduction, Types, construction, operation, characteristics FET Parameters
Comparison between FET and BJT JFET, MOSFET Types, Characteristics, features and
Applications. SCR, UJT Construction, operation, characteristics and applications

Calicut University B.sc Electronics program Syllabus
universityofcalicut.info/syl/BSCelectronics.pdf

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in